Monday, July 15, 2024

My 4th of July

                                         I'm Home!!

Doing a blog post on my Kindle was too difficult so I just waited til I got back to my computer. Now, it's playing catch-up time! 

I've shared our lunch at Ruby's in downtown Rye, also our trip to Westport, Conn. to a place called Terrain. 

So, I'll do the 4th of July... which happened a week and a half ago... but you do what you can do, right?

4th of July is a big deal at Appawamis Country Club... they go all out. Inflated slides, bouncy thingys for the kids, pony rides. snow cone trucks. There is tons of food all under tents which are placed on the golf course. Red and white and blue and white checkered large squares are spread on the ground for familes to sit on. A lot of people bring folding chairs. There's babies in strollers, kids running amok, grown ups laughing and catching up with friends. There's a band playing folk music (Bob Dylan, John Denver etc) It's quite an atmosphere. 


With daughter Susan

Me and grandson, Griffin

A proud grandma with Owen, who has autism


Grandson Griffin's better half, Kelsey

Grandson Tighe with his Mom, Susan

One of the food tents 

And, then it's dark and the fireworks begin....







10 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time. I love all the pics of family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous time! Love that candid shot someone took of you. Thanks for sharing your joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so glad you are back! You and your family are so real and classy. Rare combination, but so inspirational. Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a fun 4th of July celebration with your lovely family! So glad you got to spend time with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great celebration, lots of music and food, my sort of party.. and gosh your daughter looks so like you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How good to be able to enjoy the event with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed with your Fourth of July event. So many of your family were there and look at the matching fabrics for people to sit on to watch the fireworks:) I love your red, white and blue head band too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun way to celebrate! Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great post on the 4th. it does look like the town goes all out, and it is a wonderful celebration!! i was so impressed with the blankets for sitting, i thought each family had/owned one!! you have a nice looking family and you ain't looking bad yourself!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello everyone. Am here to testify how I got my loan from Mr. Pedro after I applied several times from various loan lenders who promised to help, but they never gave me the loan. Until a friend of mine introduced me to Mr. Pedro, Jerome promised to help me and indeed he did as he promised without any form of delay. I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until I met Mr. Pedro, who indeed helped with the loan and changed my belief. I don't know if you are in any way in need of a genuine and urgent loan, be free to contact Mr. Pedro via WhatsApp +393510140339 and his email: pedroloanss@gmail.com, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.