Thursday, June 13, 2024

A Rat, Cheese and Me

 My daughter Susan has given me two books to read that I had to wonder why? I considered them children's books. But, I dived into one and then the other and found them both delightful... and it's okay if I am reading chidren's books. Maybe I am in my 'second' childhood!! 

The first was .....


so much fun to read and filled with life lessons like the one below. 
The drawing are charming.
Not a lot of text
It was a perfect read. 


And then along came this one....


I am over halfway through with it, a thicker book, more storyline that it like a fairy tale. It's about a mouse and a princess. 
The rats are in the dungeon but mousey has gotten out and saw the princess whom he fell in love with. I told you it was a fairy tale. 

I do other things, too. Like eat cheese! I am totally in love with Colby Cheese. Could eat a ton of it. 


Maybe it was reading about all those rats in that dungeon that made me buy a block of cheese the other day. At least I don't have rats around here so my cheese is safe! 

So, now you have the tale of a rat... cheese... and me. ha ha

10 comments:

  1. I was given that first book as a present a couple of years ago. It has recently been made into a film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to check those books out. Thanks for the review.
    Cheese is good - even for non rats and mice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this first one! In fact, I thought it would make a great gift ... before realizing I didn't know anyone (besides myself) who'd like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you can find colby cheese in the red wax. Buy it! Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read both of those books and love them to this day. Also, Colby cheese is my favorite and is always in the fridge for a snack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those books look beautiful even before you open the covers.. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I ever find that first book (The Boy, the Mole, the fox....) I'll buy it. From the pages that I've seen on Pinterest it's worth having.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Granny Marigold, I just bought it on Amazon for $12.96. The spiral bound edition was double that, but the cheaper one is still a hard copy. :)

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for the recommendations, I just bought The Boy, The Mole, The Fox & the Horse. And I adopted a dog named Colby and I always call him ColbyCheese!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That first book is great. I love and do buy children's books on occasion... especially if they have watercolor illustrations. Love that first book and have given it as gifts. The second I haven't seen, but will check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.