Sunday, November 26, 2023

Thanksgiving Feast

                                                              Whew!

Thanksgiving is over. Not that I had anything much to do to prepare for it. Time for the younger gals to take over, don't you think? 


Our Virginia family got together on the Eastern Shore on Saturday. I am just amazed, always, at such great cooks that abound in this family. I ate way too much. And, I have leftovers in my fridge for dinner tonight! Lucky gal that I am!


With the granddaughter that hosted the affair suffering from alphagal (I think I spelt that correctly) she can not be in the house where products from hoofed animals are being cooked nor can she eat them. So, she baked the turkey. We had to have the classic green-bean casserole and she did that as well. But, she made her own 'cream of mushroom soup' not using any cream. (That comes from a hoofed animal). I'll tell you about alphagal in another post. 


The pictures will tell the tale. And, we watched football. I mean, with Shirley rooting for Auburn and I am an Alabama fan... we could not miss the Iron Bowl. (if you aren't into college football, you won't understand).


There was a roaring fire going in the fireplace which I sat close to to soak up all that warmth and the feel a fire gives you. The host's sister and her daughter dropped by bringing a 6 week old little bunch of love. I just had to hold him! And, he smiled and cooed at me... at 6 weeks. I was thrilled. Still have the magic touch I guess. hehe.


I even snuck in a few minutes of reading by the fire before the 'crowd' arrived. I am reading 'Along Came A Spider' the first in a series of James Patterson's books with Alex Cross as the main character. The resident dogs lay quietly nearby.


After dinner was over my great-grandson entertained us all with his piano playing. He is naturally gifted and has not had any piano lessons but can rattle off a Beathoven as well as the Charlie Brown theme with the best of them. 


It was quite a day. Night fell and we headed home which is an hour and a half from there to my apartment. I was bushed when I got home. I bet I was in bed (curled up with my book) before Shirley and John had driven out of the city limits. 

                       Hope all of you have had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

13 comments:

  1. HI Latane, It looks and sounds like you had a great time celebrating Thanksgiving with your family. I find it amazing that someone like your great-grandson can play beautiful music on the piano without ever having had a piano lesson. I see him playing the piano in the photo above with no sheet of music in front of him. My goodness, how wonderful is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pics, Latane! Looks like you had a really nice Thanksgiving. I hosted ours here, but yes, it is time for the younger generation to take over! I love having them all here, but it's gets harder to get it all done as we get older. We basically sat around in groups and talked (played some video games) - no football Thursday, but did watch the LSU-A&M game on Saturday. Granddaughter graduates from A&M this May, but DH and I are LSU graduates... (we won!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely time you had and the food looked delicious, so nice to spend time with family and friends and a baby too, couldn't get better. Then your cosy bed and your book, my happy place too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice gathering? Never heard of that condition. Please explain soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had quite a feast! The baby really was looking at you! cute! That is amazing that your great-grandson taught himself the piano. andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the food looks amazing and glad you got to spend time with family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely that you had such a nice Thanksgiving and came home with leftovers. That's just a big bonus!
    That tiny baby looks so adorable and really is smiling at you ❤❤❤
    I had never heard of Alphagal but googling it was an eye-opener. Hard to believe a tick bite can cause such an awful result.
    Have a great week!!! Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute, the baby cooing at you! Your great-grandson playing piano is a gift for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...seems odd us talking about having great grandchildren! But, there it is...Your's is So handsome and talented! And the little bundle of joy is a sweetie, for sure!
    You are so very blessed!
    Happy week!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a beautiful holiday with lots of love. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Thanksgiving, my friend! And Alex Cross is my very favorite!!!! I have every single one of the books in that series!!!! How do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a blessed and beautiful holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.