Saturday, November 4, 2023

A Trip To Buc-ee's

                    Ok, so now I have been introduced to Buc-ee's! 


It's a southern thing and since I am in Alabama visiting my son and there is a Bucee's here... well, of course, I had him take me.


Oh lordy, what a place! In case you don't know what Bucee's is, it is a humongous truck stop with around 100 gas pumps. And, that place was buzzing when we got there. 


It puts Walmart, Macy's and Bloomingdales all rolled up in one to shame. I could have spent all day and a ton of money in there but since I was with my son, that sort of reigns in my spending! haha. Don't want him to think his Mama's lost her mind. 


There was everything from pickled quail eggs to old-fashioned candy 


- clothes to kitchenware - 


seasonal decor to beef jerky - 



cowboy hats to all the latest for the local Alabama and Auburn fans to buy. It was ridiculous. 



Then there were the Beaver Nuggets! 


I could eat a whole bag at one sitting. Say, I bet you didn't know beavers had nuggets, did you? Just joshing around. but they are soooo good. 

I understand that a Bucee's is being built not too far from my home in Virginia. I can't wait! 


19 comments:

  1. lol....I know what you are saying....we stop at a Bucees in South Carolina off of I-95. andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. They also have great restrooms :). Always good to know when traveling, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though I live in GA, I've never heard of/seen these. I guess we don't have any. I think there would be just too much to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have one right on the way to our daughter's house-we always get gas there and stop in for a cold drink. We got a BBQ sandwich there for dinner last night on the way home! Beaver nuggets are amazing and very addictive! Glad you got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Latane, the next time we take a road trip in the southern states, we will definitely look for a Buc-ee's because this truck stop looks like it's definitely the type of place we would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our son lives in KY and he told us that when we went to SC this summer we had to stop, so we did. It's amazing and overwhelming. Glad you got to see it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buc-ee's is something else. We like their restrooms... and the problem is... if you're traveling and need to get somewhere, you could waste a lot of time there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made Tom take me to the Buc-ee's in Auburn shortly after they opened. I was impressed; him not so much. Men!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is quite a place. I've never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you do make me wish they had a Buc-ee's in our state. It looks like a really neat place to shop. I would also like to try the Buc-ee's Beaver Nuggets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forgot to mention that you looked so cool in the cowboy hat. I hope you bought it:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I desperately want to visit a Bucc ees. We probably don't even have them in Canada. OH, I could find so many things I just had to have !!! GM
    PS You look great in that cowboy hat 🧡

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have one about 30 miles from us...never been inside!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  14. What are Beaver Nuggets? That's a store to get lost in!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What a place! I've never seen that many pumps in a row.
    The hat looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a fun place and you look darling!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've heard of these but never been! Looks so fun! I saw so much just in your pictures that I want! Ha! Glad you're having a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bucce’s looks intriguing, I think I would easily get lost in an extra super, super, super store that large. Once when I visiting family in Vancouver I lost my cousin in a large shopping complex and had to ask the front desk for a messsge to go over the tannoy like a lost little kid ( I was 32) :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am writting from italy, I was cured by Dr Jekawo a traditional herbal doctor whom has cured many diseases like hiv/aid,herpes,diabetes,parkinson,als,hepatitis,bring back ex, cancer. I was told by a friend of mine to contact Dr Jekawo and after i contacted him he then prepare a herbal medicines for me that cured my hepatitis and prostate cancer completely after drinking his herbal medicines for 15 days. I am so grateful right now and I feel like sharing this here so anyone can get heal by Dr Jekawo. his email contact details is : drjekawo@gmail.com he cure so many disease and they call him a great healer.

    Thank you blog admin.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.