Friday, November 17, 2023

A Trip To The Farmer's Market

 Shirley and I are riding along after coming through that road construction I told you about in last post. She sees a sign Farmer's Market and wants to go but I am thinking about the farmer markets we have around my place and they are only open on Sat. So, I say 'no, it won't be open'.

Good thing she overrode me. (She always was a head-strong girl). We found it and had the best time. They are open year round, 7 days a week.


Join me as Shirley and I stroll around enjoying everything! 


Yes, I bought apples. Tried two new kind - lemonade and ambrosia. 


I got me some turnips. Love them but seldom cook them. 




I got some squash, also some green beans. 



I bought two of the biggest, tastiest tomatoes. How I missed taking a picture of them I'll never know.


The candy was tempting but I passed that up. Aren't you proud of me!!



Pickled eggs? I've never eaten any. I should have bought one jar just to say I had tried them.


Wouldn't you love to have a Farmer's Market near you just like this one?





11 comments:

  1. These photos are beautiful! Now I'm going to be on the lookout for those jalapeno eggs. Never heard of them, but I've never met an egg I didn't like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a Farmers Market. This is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! We have some good farmer's markets around here year round and I'm thankful for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful colors in all the food. What a great farmer's market.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo on no candy!
    What a beautiful place. I wish there was one around here for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing market!! We’re known to travel to Virginia at least three times during the year. I’d love to make an effort to find this one. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its in Carroll country but I don't remember the town. Hwy58

      Delete
  7. Hi Latane, You are right, I would LOVE to have a Farmer's Market near me like the one where you Shirley stopped. I'm afraid I would have bought too much though because everything looked so good. I would even have bought some candy:) I've never had a pickled egg either because they don't sound good but I love pickles so who knows? Trader Joe's has a pickle salad that I buy whenever I go shopping there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous display and nice to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a good Farmer's Market!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, Latane, that is a wonderful Farmer's Market and it reminded me of some of the ones we have been to when visiting Lancaster, PA. I would have a hard time avoiding those sweets too, so kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.