Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Dub's Burgers

 Boy, did I get lazy about posting while I was in Alabama. I am back home now but I want to play catch-up!

Can't miss telling you about our trip out one day to find hamburgers. Michael had heard of this place called 'Dub's Burgers' in this little strip mall. He'd never been so we decided we'd try it out.


                                                              What an experience. 

That place had been there since the big flood, I think. haha. Health dept. rating was 96 but the place looked like it had been, as my step-dad used to say,  'rode hard and put up wet'. Not your normal atmosphere but oh my how friendly and the burgers were like I remembered them before we had fast food junk. 


The waiter came to the table with a lunch sized paper bag in his hand. He proceeded to write our order on the outside of it. And, when he brought our food to us.... it was down inside that same paper bag. Novel idea and not a bad one at that! 



We really enjoyed our lunch at Dub's Burgers in Athens, Alabama. So, thank you, Dub, whoever and whereever you are! 

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful place! You are spot on about burgers like the old days.
    I find myself toasting the bun in butter in a fry pan just for a hint of old time flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our hometown had a burger place like this for over 70 years. They also wrote your order on a paper bag and put the food inside it. They were the best burgers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those kinds of places are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am I reading those prices right??? Oh My Word!!
    Double the price! We just make hamburgers at home, anymore.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are "$" in front of the prices so the prices are very reasonable:) It's fun eating at some of the more local restaurants just to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suemn - Thank You for pointing that out!! I couldn't fanthom why anyone would pay $15 bucks for a cheese burger!! Lololol
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.