Sunday, June 25, 2023

Where There's a Will, There's a Way

 I want to brag on my granddaughter, Brittany, this morning.

A single mom with a 7 year-old son, she married a man with two daughters, similar in ages as her son. 


She became a mother of three overnight. Had to give up her job due to the logistics of transporting all those kiddies back and forth to school, to their other parents etc, etc. 

So, she opened up her own business at home. She had access to plenty of figs so she started out making little jars of fig preserves. (by the way, her last name is Bice... nice take on the sugar and spice thing, right?)


Then, she did jars of pepper jelly from the hottest of hot to the mildest. 


Next she added cheesecake in a jar. 

Her clientele was growing so she branched out to some shops who now carry her products. 


She has planted more fig trees,


grows her own jalepeno peppers for the pepper jelly plus other veggies for the family. 


As the saying goes, 'Where there is a will, there's a way.' and she has found a way to make that happen. 

Drizzles in Cape Charles, eastern shore Virginia, carries her products. And, on one trip to the shop to  resupply her merchandise she bought me a gift... a bottle of butter-flavored olive oil. I love it. 



11 comments:

  1. That is a great reason to brag! Well done, daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is plenty to brag about, she is brilliant to create such goodies and a home business. I like the row of fig trees she planted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are bragging! Good for her, she's done well! I like the Sugar and Bice name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful granddaughter! And a smart mom too...to start a very nice business! I love figs (and fig jam). The trees smell nice even, and I find the bugs and critters don't bother them! I also like pepper jam. The cheese cake in the jar looks delicious. Very nice blog, I enjoyed reading it for a Sunday visit! andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right to brag about your granddaughter! She has come up with a great business. In looking at the photos, I started thinking of cheesecake when I saw her jars of cheesecake and now I'd really love some cheesecake. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really admire strong women like your Granddaughter. Wish I lived nearer so I could purchase some of her products. I hope she gets some time to be kind to herself and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only is your g'daughter beautiful, but so talented! You've every right to brag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brag on! She is a go-getter. You have every reason to brag on her accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so good. You are right to brag on her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your granddaughter is an inspiration to anyone who sets out to do what they do best and make a life.
    You have good reason to be proud of her. GM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your granddaughter is gorgeous! And very independent! Well Done Brittany!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.