Saturday, June 10, 2023

Fire, Food and Flowers

 I really feel for everyone affected by the wildfires in Canada.  It must be awful. 

Here in Virginia, over 800 miles from the fires, we have had severe alerts regarding air quality and everyone with any breathing problems have been urged to stay indoors or wear masks. 

The air is filled with smoke, but it's not nearly as bad as it is further north. 

The only other time I have been in such toxic- filled air was way back in 1965. The family was driving from California to Alabama and of course, a sand storm hit us. It was pretty interesting, the car being engulfed with sand. Thank goodness it did not last long.

After my doctor visit yesterday, Shirley and I went to one of our favorite restaurants and had some yummy food. Terrible picture of me.... I don't care who is taking the picture, but they always catch me with food in my mouth.. (grin) You can tell I am trying to act like I am not eating. 

Instead look at the Chicken Cali sandwich (chicken,  bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion and avocado. And those fries. sprinkled with sea salt. Yummm


As we left out of the parking lot I saw this yellow rose on a fence so she got out to make some pictures. 




Y'all Come Back Now!  

(in case you aren't aware... that's a southern saying)

14 comments:

  1. Your photo is nice my friend and your meal looks very yummy! Take care and stay inside if the smoke persists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sandwich looks and sounds amazing! Now I'm wondering if that sand storm didn't happen in Arizona. I remember there being PSA's all the time what to do if you find yourself in a sand storm. Sobering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute photo! Your lunch looks yummy! Saying a prayer for you as you look ahead to your treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photo of you eating that yummy sandwich, it does look delicious. Take care and stay away from that smoke, hopefully it will move on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i honestly think you look awesome!! and that food, so good...i love waffle fries!!

    and the flowers, beautiful too. i often stop along the way and take pictures of other peoples flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are lovely food in your mouth or not. I did notice that beautiful sandwich, too.

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Roses are beautiful. That yellow one is such an intense shade of yellow!!
    How nice that you got to go out for a delicious bite to eat after seeing your doctor. You look as lovely as usual 👍

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Latane. I think that is a lovely picture of you. The food you are eating looks delicious! I love the flowers too. Yellow roses are a favorite of mine. I am having a hard time following your blog, but I will keep checking in. I can find the link if you comment on my blog too. Have a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photo of you! The camera hates me! lolol
    And that sandwich looks Wonderful!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Latane, That chicken cali sandwich looks absolutely delicious:) You look lovely in that photo and if you hadn't mentioned that you had just taken a bite of your sandwich, I would never have guessed. I love your blouse too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at that yellow rose! Those windows, and you look so cute eating that sandwich. After you mentioned Sean Dietrich "Sean of the South" I treated myself to two of his books, Sean of the South vol.1 and his memoir Will the Circle Be Unbroken? A Memoir of Learning to Believe You're Gonna Be Okay. The first one I am reading now, it is wonderful, each story is 2 pages and a gem. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a chicken roll, my mouth was watering just looking at it. Being always dieting I don't eat a lot of bread but do love a sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The air quality here in NH was not as negatively affected as in other east coast states, just several very foggy looking days which thankfully kept temps low. That sandwich and those chips looked so good and I bet you ate the whole thing, and why not? The flowers made beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your sandwich and fries look SO good 😊 !the yellow rose has such a beautiful yellow colour! The photo of you is very nice. I hope you enjoyed your day and food.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.