Sunday, June 18, 2023

Our Geese Are About Ready to Fly The Nest!

 It's Sunday....

and I don't do Sundays well for some reason. I was getting down in the dumps so I decided I'd visit with you folks to lift my spirits. 

I've mentioned the little goslings (some weeks back) that are on the pond and it's time for an update. Those little buggars have grown with leaps and bounds. It's hard to tell the youngsters from the parents... except, of course, the adults have black on their heads. 


I sat out yesterday and watched as they all swam across the pond in single file. Hadn't seen them do that before. There were 20 of them. 


Today the youngsters were flapping their wings maybe preparing a flight in the near future. And, then they formed this pattern on the water. They looked like a bunch of airplanes skimming across there. 


Just look at how big the little ones are now! 

I know they'll be gone soon. I'll miss them for sure. 


I am afraid that I got spoiled after my surgery with all the beautiful bouquets that arrived at my door. They are all gone now. So, while I was in the grocery store (Aldi's) I bought me a bunch. Placed them in a little blue pitcher that I've had since childhood. 
Aren't they pretty!


I guess I'll go get into something else! 
Have a nice Sunday
and a better week! 

Y'all Come Back Now!




10 comments:

  1. The baby geese are learning on water how they must fly ( I think) as they form a V while they fly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to see those geese grow! They sure look pretty on the water.
    Your flowers are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Latane, I can just imagine how nice and calming it is to be able to sit and watch those geese and goslings. I like the way they all swam in a single file and I had to look it up on the internet on why they do that. You found a nice bouquet of flowers at Aldi. Flowers really brighten up a room don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to have a place to watch the ducks! I know Sundays can be lonesome and too quiet. Take care! Hope your week is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you were feeing down, Sundays can feel very lonely when you live by yourself. I used to go to Church, come home, cook a nice dinner just for me and then go out! Sometimes I'd get the train to London, it was a 25min ride and then look round one of the artisans markets, then get a drink and sit and people watch.
    Since meeting my lovely husband and moving to Wales, we go to the promenade and stroll along side the sea. Then we sit in one of the outside cafes and people watch!
    I loved your verse about getting older, so true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fun to watch the baby geese grow up. Maybe they will stay around. The ones here do.
    Sunday's are busy days around here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute bouquet ( although the blue pitcher isn't visible on your photo). I've discovered a local grocery store that has very reasonable flowers and I make a point of shopping there when I need some.
    Your geese look very organized as they swim together. I saw a family of geese just this morning but they were on the grass and I couldn't get all of the goslings onto one picture. Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are recovering well from your surgery Latane. I know it's a time when many get down in the dumps after surgery and I hope by now your spirits are lifted. Mine are after seeing your photos, of those cute geese and the beautiful flowers. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun to watch the babies grow. Hope you're feeling better now? Hope so...
    Love the flowers!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.