Friday, June 16, 2023

Watermelon Time... and the living is easy

 I am really falling behind with my posting... Sorry about that. 

I've been busy, sort of, well, when I wanted to be. I am finding that my brain is a bit foggy since my surgery. Hope it clears up soon. It's been two weeks already or more. it's not that I am not sharp, I just can't seem to stay focused. Oh, enough of that! 

I just have to brag on my son-in-law. I know, most of us have those in-laws that are wonderful. I have both. haha. But, John knows I love watermelon. Everytime he buys one he chops up a ziplock bag full for me. Now, isn't that the sweetest!! 



You know it's summertime when the melons get ripe. 

Here's a page I did for my scrapbook journal last year.


Do you like summer? I am not a huge fan if I have to be out in the hot sun... 
Just give me some air-conditioning and I am good! 

I hope your summer is everything you think it will be. 


A quote from me:

"Life as an older person can be wonderful. Or it can be awful. It sure is different than what I expected. 
I failed to get the instruction book!!"



13 comments:

  1. I'd say John is a keeper! The watermelon looks good.
    I love summer. I feel like I'm cold for most of the year, and it's so nice to be warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The watermelon looks yummy.
    I like summer but summer where I live is usually like one long spring. Doesn't really get all that hot here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I failed to get the instructions on aging, now that is funny. The watermelon looks luscious. All the seasons where I live are temperate, I do love spring and summer and all the seasons actually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to enjoy summer more than I do now. Like you I have trouble when it gets really hot...I wilt. I do like the part of summer that means fresh berries, peaches etc.. Yum.
    I didn't realize that you scrapbooked. 😊 GM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watermelons are showing up in the store here but I'm nervous about picking one because haven't alwasy gotten the ripe ones. Same goes for cantaloupe that gets shipped from the south or below the birder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously your son in law knows how to pick them.

      Delete
  6. I love it that your son-in-law brings you watermelon because he knows you like it. I bought a seedless watermelon (although not totally seedless), in mid May and my dog ate most of it:) He doesn't drink a lot of water so I give him pieces of watermelon in his bowl after taking him on a walk or just as an afternoon snack. After our long snow filled winter I am enjoying this summer weather more than usual but not looking forward to next week's forecast of 90s and humid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. isn't it wonderful when family know what you love and are always thinking of you!! i like the scrapbook page, i am a "retired" scrapbooker, i print my blog instead!! i enjoy summer because we have a pool and i enjoy swimming with a noodle holding me up. i assume you know what a noodle is!!??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea to watermelon, which is my absolute favorite summer fruit and the more chilled, the better. Your son-in-law was very thoughtful to provide you with it, Latane. I do NOT like very hot weather so the 70s and 80s we've been having in recent weeks is OK with me. Who knew there was an instruction book for agine as I missed it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping you are feeling better every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, it looks like I am not the only one that loves watermelon. It is one of my favorite cool treats in the Summertime. We have had a mild start to the Summer BUT... it is heating up and our upstairs unit croaked. Hope you heal quickly and feel all back to yourself! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great illustration! I like summer until the temperature crackles up to 85°F. Then it’s too hot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Summer with air conditioning too!
    And I love melons and I think I will buy some tomorrow

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.