Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Better Ways To Age?

                   What will they come up with next?



I was flipping through my latest AARP Bulletin when this article caught my eye, "Better Ways to Age". 

I am all for finding out how to make the most of my age so I started reading. It was about some useful technology for us of a 'certain age'. Heaven knows, we need all the help we can get in dealing with the constant changing world of technology so I was intrigued.

I have known about the Fitbit watches that do all sorts of things like count your steps, read your blood pressure etc. etc. I mean, it's scary these days just how much of your private life is 'out there' for others to gain knowledge of.

But, now this takes the cake, folks. There is a toilet seat called the Heart Seat that when you are doing your 'business' it will measure your blood pressure, blood oxygen and heart rate. And, the dad-gum seat sends that info to your doctor. 

I am just not sure I want my doctor informed every time I take a pee.  

I just think that's the weirdest thing EVER! What do you think? 



18 comments:

  1. My grandgirl sent me a Fitbit in 2020...It has saved my life and my health. I only have it connected to count steps and miles. I did 1900miles, step by step by step in Indiana in 2020; I did 1500 plus in 2021 in Florida and 1600 last year here in Florida. The pain is excruciating, but with my illnesses, I have to do these walks. It is one of the best things I have ever owned, along with my IPAD, IPHONE, and LAPTOP. I do not do social media because that is where people go to learn about us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agrée with you about the “heart seat! 😆

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Latane~ Now, that's a little bit strange to me, although, it's kind of convenient, and you don't have to think about it, it's something we all do! I have never had a fitbit watch, although my girls both love theirs. My husband always wants to buy one for me, and maybe it would be a good thing to have! Have a great week! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! That is something I had not yet read about! Seems a bit too personal for me! P.S. I love the font here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you regarding the toilet seat! Unbelievable! I would love a Fitbit but I have spent all my Amazon gift cards.😢 Maybe after Mother’s Day. 💖

    ReplyDelete
  6. The toilet set is crazy!!! No thank you. I don't have a Fitbit but have a pedometer called Striiv that I've used for years and years. It fits in my pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No thank you to the toilet seat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my - I don't think I need that toilet seat either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is definitely weird and not for me!! My son gave me some kind of watch that does all manner of things but I'm sorry to say I find it complicated and rarely bother to wear it. Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Weird...definitely. 😵‍💫

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, noooo! 😂😂😂 That’s a little too weird for me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. agreed!! now i know why i don't read that publication!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol...And I wouldn't think your Doctor wants to know everytime you pee, Either!lolol
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also read the AARP newsletter and magazine, Latane, and somehow missed this information, thank goodness. That is just way too much information not needed to be shared.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read AARP too and read about that toilet seat. No thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't have a fitbit, but do have an Amazfit. My son gave it to me along with a Kardia (takes your heart rate with your 2 fingers). Mainly I check my steps and my sleep info on the Amazfit. And I do have an iPhone, and iPad, and a laptop. I find it is enough to keep my up to date. And I do love using portals with my doctors. I seem to get quick answers that way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That just is too private and personal! My hubby and I have a "watch" type called a morepro, and I can read its info on the phone app, which is enough for me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.