Sunday, January 8, 2023

More Birthday Fun

 We slept in.... I mean, what else would you do lying in a comfy bed 4 floors up listening to the waves crashing on the shore. The sun was out... hallelujah for that. So, we went out on the balcony to enjoy the last few minutes of our stay.

I've seen a dolphin or two from time to time but for my birthday I had a crowd of them swimming by. I bet we saw 3 dozen as they swam, rising up from the water every minute or two so that they could get air. Man, those buggers are so hard to photograph... they are quicker than lightning! So we got a few good shots of them. 


I was just so excited and amazed. Oh course I had my camera ready! I've missed being out taking pictures so much and this trip provided us with a lot of opts. 


And a lot of selfies. 


We were still not hungry from the night before so we decided to go shopping. I had been complaining that I hated my wardrobe. It's old, out dated, can't match a thing for an outfit. You ever get in that predicament? 

We two have a shopping system. Shirley pulls clothes she thinks that would look good on me while I try them on in the dressing room. We had a cartful of stuff. But, I didn't buy it all, I promise. Just a few pieces. he he


I mean, a birthday girl's gotta treat herself although I was just flooded with well wishes (and I do thank all of you so much who sent me happy birthday wishes), phone calls and gifts. 

All that shopping wore me out and my tummy needed breakfast so we headed to Jolly Rogers for some food. You'd wonder where in the world we put it but we did. 


Gee Whiz, we must be pigs! 

Then we headed home wishing we had booked the room for longer.

But, we'll be back.

On the way home we drive through the edge of the Dismal Swamp and I saw a beavers dam.
Another treat. 




Back to normal, doing laundry, packing away Christmas decorations. but, that's okay.
I had a blast! 



note: if you want to see the rest of my birthday bash click back one post.



15 comments:

  1. Apparently, the cure for Christmas blues is a January birthday. 🥳 What an excellent time you had. The dolphin pod must have been pretty exciting. You did just fine capturing some of them. The shopping 🛍 sounded excellent. I might enjoy shopping if I had a personal shopper. Teamwork pays off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful trip! I love that you saw all those dolphins and had successful shopping too! I like your shopping method!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have been beside myself at the sight of those dolphins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New clothes - what fun! Glad it was a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so much fun! I cannot remember that last time I went shopping with someone. Going with your daughter must have been terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a birthday you had!! Seeing all those Dolphins must have been amazing!!
    Finding new clothes....well, if that's not a great thing!! I have a hard time finding clothes that A) I like, and B) are totally comfortable. and maybe C) Don't cost an arm and a leg. I do hope you get to return to that hotel and area before too long!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures…we have Dolphins of course…we live on the Gulf. I live in leggings all year…and t shirts from the beach. When we eat out for birthdays etc…always outside because of Covid variants…I do wear comfy slacks and shirt…even put on my Toms shoes instead of skip on sketchers…I tell my family after all the years of dressing up to work on our business and then teach, I a, now a hippy. Lol. Glad you had a great birthday. Mine was celebrated with a hurricane here…but we managed great food…

    ReplyDelete
  8. New here...
    Happy late Birthday! What a fun trip that must have been...and yes, I also am in need of a new wardrobe.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice trip you had with your daughter. Now that she's retired, you two may get a lot more shopping and traveling time together. I like the idea of someone choosing outfits for me as I wait to try them on because you get another person's perspective on what looks good on you. I like the idea but I've never actually done it. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful trip! You and your daughter look so much alike... both beautiful! Getting a little wardrobe refresh is such a good thing, and like you said, the birthday gril deserved it! Thanks for sharing the fun! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday. Nice trip and great food and shopping. Also Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course, you were right to treat yourself to some new outfits, Latane. Looks like you had a successful shopping trip. It was nice of the dolphins to be so cooperative for your photo shoot. Getting back to every day chores is shat we all do after fun trips.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK, now that was the perfect birthday! So glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had a very nice Birthday, trip to the sea, dolphin and shopping super time

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.