Saturday, January 7, 2023

It's My Birthday!

 Several times in the past Shirley has taken me to Nags Head, N. C. for my birthday. So, that's where we were for my 89th. Can you believe that! 89. I sure can't. 

We've had our interesting times down there. One time there was snow on the ground, another time we had a flat tire but this time it was perfect in every way. 


It was cloudy when we got to the hotel. Warm for this time of year. So, we were sitting on the balcony just relaxing to the sound of the ocean waves when a huge clap of thunder and bolt of lightning sent us racing back inside. 



Dinner was amazing. We tried a new restaurant, the 'Ocean Blvd Bistro and Martini Bar'. As many times as we have been to that area, this was the first time we stopped in there. Oh my goodness. Have we been missing out. 

I ordered scallops which came on a bed of oven-roasted veggies and rissoto surrounded by roasted red pepper puree. I mean, I cleaned my plate! It was sooooo good. 


Shirley got the rack of lamb. She loved it. 


Both of us were stuffed so declined dessert. But, here the waitress came with a chocolate lava cake topped by a candle. We finished that off, too.



We had the sweetest waitress, Maria. I told her I was gonna adopt her! She said she was up for adoption and gave me a big hug. 

It was just the perfect celebration and as always Shirley outdid herself seeing that I celebrated in high fashion. 

More on our trip next time. 

23 comments:

  1. Happy belated Birthday! So that's where you went off to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday. Happy 89th Birthday to you Latane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Looks like a wonderful celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday beautiful lady! Looks like you had the perfect trip and celebration! Birthday hugs coming your way, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful day for a special birthday! Here’s to being 89 years young 🍷

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shirley is a treasure! Your scallops look so yummy! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! What a wonderful way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy, happy birthday, Latane!! Wishing you a year full of happiness and love! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! 🥳 I’m so excited that you got to take this trip! The food and everything looks so wonderful! Can’t wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday! What a lovely time you had.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice celebration for you. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! Looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very Happy Birthday to you. Looks like you had a wonderful time.
    Very dramatic looking sky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday!! I can't believe 89yo. Your blog is so interesting, funny, honest, and up lifting. Everything we aim for but don't often achieve. I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday, Latane! I'm so glad your daughter made your day so special.
    It's hard to believe you're 89 years old. You sure don't look it. Whatever you're doing to keep so well....just keep on doing it.
    I had a lot of trouble posting my comment. I was sure I'd have to miss sending birthday wishes. I finally succeeded!! Granny Marigold

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday! You make 89 look great!
    I had to grin at Shirley's lamb chops. Isn['t that one of those dishes, you either love it -- or not. At a recent party, my DIL took several (chops), mistakenly telling son, "Look at these little tomahawk steaks!". He said the moment she began to chew, the expression on her face was priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday Latane! You are a beautiful lady! Looks like you had a very special time celebrating with your daughter. A lovely getaway to be sure. I would have ordered the scallops (my favorite), but the rack of lamb looks delicious too, and your birthday dessert, oh my goodness! Loved all your photos and the one of you and again with your daughter, very special. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am familiar with that kind of waitress and It can make the whole dining out experience even better. I am sure many offer to adopt her!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday! Looks like the perfect way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Latane, aren't daughter's wonderful? Happy Birthday! Love your pics and looks like you had a wonderful birthday. I'll be 78 this summer and I find that hard to believe...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy 🎂Birthday, Latane, and what a grand celebration you were treated to by your daughter. Glad to read and see that you had such a wonderful time on your day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! That photo of the storm clouds is beautiful! Love that you had such a great time! The food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.