Saturday, December 10, 2022

This Elf Is Not On The Shelf

 We were so happy to see Santa and Mrs. Claus stop in for our Christmas potluck last night. We all had our pictures made with them ....



Then, here comes one of our residents, Jan, dressed as an elf. She got a bunch of attention. 


Bill, bless his heart (you can tell I am southern saying that) just follows her around like a love-sick puppy dog. I think they've been married about 10 years. Just still honeymooners according to my calculations... Today Elbert and I would be celebrating our 72nd wedding anniversary... if he was still here. So, yeah, Bill and Jan are newbies at marriage to each other.



We had tons of food... I came home hurting, my tummy was so full. I ate seconds!! I don't ever do that! But, hey, if you don't cook it, it's twice as good, maybe three times. 


The spirit is perking right along here at Centerbrooke. This afternoon we will have carolers in our courtyard. 

I delivered Christmas cards to my friends here, sticking them in their door to be discovered later. 

                              I leave you with more scenes from last night. 







9 comments:

  1. Sounds (and looks) like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a fun and yummy time!
    I love the picture of you and Ebert. Good memories and some sadness too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to know the explanation! 😁 She looks cute and how great to have a husband who adores her. I have always loved that photo of you and your husband. You look like movie stars. So glad that you and your neighbors are enjoying the season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of delicious looking food. Looks like everyone is enjoying themselves. Nice that Santa an Mrs Clause came by. :) A lovely photo of your and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great picture of you and your husband! All the potluck food looks so good. I would have been like you and gone back to my apartment too full to walk:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure live in a great place with people who obviously love having fun.
    Granny M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a great get together, Edna, and thanks for sharing the photos. The elf was cute and you and your husband were a sweet couple.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.