Wednesday, November 16, 2022

I'm The 'Oven Inspector'

Sorry I've been missing the last few days...

Sometimes I just slip through the cracks. I'll try to do better!

I really enjoy watching SOME cooking shows. Notice I said SOME

I have no interest in the highly tense atmosphere in the kitchen of a lot of the shows, especially on Food Network. I seldom watch t v anymore but pick and choose the ones I want to watch streaming.

The reason I am telling you this ... I do have a reason... just hang in there.

I enjoy Ina Garten... She great at what she does but she laughs all the time and that bothers me. Don't ask me why... it just does.


I really enjoy Ellie Kreiger... I like that she tells you how each ingredient helps you be healthier. 


I found this chef on Discovery+ and just enjoy him so much but he's only had a handful of episodes and then Covid hit. Don't know if he will be back. But, his determination to produce good, healthy, fresh local food all with one good hand and one prosthetic arm amazes me. 

And, I love 'The Lost Kitchen' also found on both Magnolia Network and Discovery +. Such a different take on a cooking show! So elegant and classy.


Now, why I mention all this?

I have a confession to make. As I watch each show and the chef opens their oven to slide a dish inside, I am busy looking to see if their ovens are clean! Isn't that a crazy thing to do! I do see some 'dirt' sometimes and it makes me feel like maybe I am not such a bad housekeeper after all.

I don't use my oven anymore. Cooking for one, I find my little toaster oven works just fine for me. And, hey, it's so easy to keep clean! 


Y'all have fun cooking. I'd love to hear who your favorite chefs are! 

14 comments:

  1. Ina Garten, Ree Drummond on the Pioneer Woman, Rachael Ray, Molly Yeh on Girl Meets Farm, Mary Berg on Mary Makes it Easy. I am a food network junkie. Rachael Ray would annoy me when she would flip the oven door shut rather than closing it gently! Ovens are always clean. I'd love to have their budgets, kitchen equipment and staff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Ree Drummond and the fun shows, like the British Baking show, the Christmas Cookie contest - those types of things. And my oven is not spotless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only one I am aware of is Ina Garten. I am not going to mention her name, but one cook cackles so much that I have to turn her off. I don't usually check for clean ovens. One last thing, I do not trust thin cooks. At all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Years ago I'd watch Rachel Ray's cooking show and Emril. Don't watch anything now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly don't know what I would do without Cooking Shows and PBS given the chaos of network shows. . . so much bad news and violence, too many commercials and why so loud? Can you recommend a good counter top oven? Is your's a convection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen, mine is an Oster and I love it. It has a special feature called Turbo but I never use that... just use the regular oven and it does anything I want it to if it is small enough to fit in there. This one is larger than my old one so you need to check on the size you want. Good luck

      Delete
  6. My absolute favorite is the Great British Bakeoff. It really helped get me through the last two years. I'm excited that this season's holiday shows are about to begin. Years ago I shopped -- or at least looked -- at Ina Garten's store in Easthampton, NY. Beautiful foods, but very pricy. Great looking, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you are a secret oven inspector, Latane! That is pretty funny. I do watch Chef Ramsay (even though he is loud and rough). My good friend worked with him for years as a supplier and said he is all show on TV and actually a dear sweet, gentle man. Hard to believe, isn't it? lol. He also said Ramsay LOVES his wine! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's funny that you like to see if their ovens are clean. Probably the staff keeps them clean and since I don't have anyone that cleans mine I do it myself. The self-clean doesn't do a great job but it's better than using that awful spray oven cleaner.
    I only watch one cooking show and I watch it in French. That way I'm working on getting more fluent as well as seeing interesting recipes. Granny Marigold

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jamie Oliver comes to mind, but I love to stand in the kitchen and cook something delicious myself... today I baked waffles in a waffle iron and for lunch there were leftovers in the form of soups :-))) Greetings to you. Viola

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's cute and your oven is clean :) I was a big fan of Julia Child back in the day, but I don't watch many cooking shows any more. I have a few YouTube Chefs I go to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. my oven is gross, i really should clean it. actually, it is self cleaning but that takes forever and really heats up the house...and then i have to wash the racks!!!

    i like ina and enjoy watching her, i don't know the others. i like watching cooking shows in general, i am not going to make what they make, but they share great tips and i learn a lot through that!! i used to watch a younger guy, i liked him...i guess i have kind of moved away from them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i see someone wrote jamie oliver, that was him!!!

      Delete
  12. Years ago, when we had cable TV, Alton Brown was a favorite on Food Network. I have several of Ina Garten’s cookbooks and have watched her on YouTube and she doesn’t annoy me, but Ree Drummond does from what I have seen of her on YouTube. Also enjoyed Jamie Oliver for years.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.