Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Giving Not Getting

 Gee Whiz... why did I not take pictures? Just goes to show you that my 'get up and go has got up and went'. (grin) 

I've lived at Centerbrooke for over 8 years now and we never did anything for Halloween. Certainly children did not trick or treat here.

But, this year we had a committee that arranged for 4 of us to Pass out Treats to each apartment. Just made this ole gal feel good about being neighborly and adding a little joy to their lives. 

I delivered treats to the 30+ apartments on the second floor. In turn I was given treats by two residents doing my 3rd floor.

                              What did you do for Halloween? 

Here's a photo of me passing out treats at our home in Wakefield, Va. back in 1999.




5 comments:

  1. What a fun thing for your place to do. I'm glad you were able to be part of it.
    We had a quiet night, but our little Cassie did come trick or treating in her giraffe costume. Other than that, no trick or treaters out here in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fun time.
    Halloween here was just like any other evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really fun! We didn't have anyone, which is just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did not hand out any treats, but enjoyed a nice dinner at home, lit candles and then watched one of our favorite films, Beetlejuice. It was nice that you and others handed out treats to fellow residents and that you also received some in return, win-win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to hand out candy to everyone at Centerbrooke! Our church hosts a Trunk and Treat and we go as Winnie the Pooh and Piglet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.