Saturday, July 23, 2022

Vertigo and Other Things

That dang vertigo got me again this week. It's been the bane of my existence the last couple years. When I have an episode, it takes me days and days to recover. That's not fun! But, I feel almost normal this morning.... whatever that is.                                        ðŸ˜€

My daughter and I went to the Monday matinee to see "Where The Crawdads Sing". It did not disappoint! I loved the book, I loved the movie! 

But, I do have to ask myself if it was movement on that huge screen that got my balance 'unbalanced' for it was just hours after I got back home that the walls in my apartment started wiggling and swimming. Who knows? I sure don't. 

                            But, on to other things! .......

I am in the process of putting together an 'abridged' version of our lineage for my children. I hope I get it done so I can give it to them for Christmas. Genealogy has held me captive for over 40 years... Every time I think I will give it up, it grabs me again. Of course, doing a DNA test with Ancestry got the juices flowing again. It's all so fascinating. How many of you do genealogy? Have you had a DNA test done? 

I got up at 7 this morning, got my shower and a cup of hot chocolate... I know, you are saying HOT CHOCOLATE in the middle of this extreme heat... but I had a hankering for some so I did it. Took my cup and the book I am currently reading and headed to the balcony. (I'm reading Nora Roberts 'Sea Swept'). It was so peaceful... a slight breeze, the sun not blistering yet as I was in the shade. 

I watched the osprey leave the nest for what I thought was breakfast. A few minutes later I saw him come in with breakfast for his mate. Bless his 'little pea-picking' heart.. he takes care of her. 

Hope you all had a great week just past and that your week coming up will be even better. I sure hope mine is!!                                                                    Tootle Doo,

                                                                                                                 

7 comments:

  1. I've never had vertigo but it sounds so awful! Glad you're doing better. I was wondering about that movie. I loved the book!
    I think genealogy is so interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband had vertigo a few years ago. Thankfully it has not returned.
    Glad you're getting back to normal.
    I read the book too and liked it. Read it for my bookclub that I used to be in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your vertigo, my mother used to have it and I now sometimes get a bit dizzy. Can't go to the movies anymore but that sounds like a good recommend, also the book. Thank you! I would love to see the osprey and great picture. They are an amazing bird. Hubby has done genealogy for several years now and I get the benefit on my side of the family. It has been a wonderful journey and we have gone back generations. Like being a detective and you'll get hooked an old friend told us. He had been doing his for years and we were asking him questions about starting. He was right! We haven't done the DNA test yet but intend to do that sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That vertigo is a nasty condition - glad you're doing better now Latane.
    We went to see the movie - good excuse to get somewhere out of the heat!
    Enjoyed it except for the strange ending - I'd not read the book so really had no idea what it was about - and had to come home and read more about it online to understand. . . . . .although it was still a bit of a mystery (no spoilers here of course!). The lovely British actress was very good in her part. I was hoping it would show more of NC which was the setting, but of course was filmed mainly in Louisiana!
    Stay cool dear. Good luck with the family genealogy project - bet that's hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sympathise with you for the awfulness of Vertigo. I have had it once, it hit with no warning and I was very unwell. They told me i needed lots of rest afterwards, And I think you are right about the screen,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get vertigo quite easily but it rarely lasts more than 2 or 3 days. I've gotten it even from turning over too quickly in bed. It really is the pits.
    I have hot coffee in the morning and even on a hot afternoon.
    Granny Marigold

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure hope the vertigo is better. I hear it is not fun. I really want to see that movie, several have given great reviews. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.