Thursday, July 28, 2022

My Week # 4

 It's been hotter than....

Well, you get the picture!

But, I've been busy this week. Monday, even if the temperature was around 100, Santa came to the Commons to pay us a visit. Just a photo op sort of thing. And, he was dressed for the season, too. SUMMERTIME!



Wednesday my daughter baked muffins for our morning coffee klatch ... yummy and since she's just like her Dad always was, the life of the party, we had a great time. 



I'm on book 3 of a Chesapeake Bay series written by Nora Roberts. I'm enjoying them. I really enjoy the 'Southern Eastern Shore' when we go visit my granddaughter and her family there. A trip there is planned for Saturday. We're celebrating the August birthdays then. 

Hope everyone is staying cool as they can. I went out for lunch to a Mexican restaurant that's just a block from my apartment for lunch today and the steering wheel about burned blisters on my hands! I made it there and back without damage, though, thank goodness. And breathed a sigh of relief as soon as I walked back into my air-conditioning!! 


6 comments:

  1. Santa looks like a cool gent. Your daughter is a sweetheart baking for you and your friends. I love Mexican food; I might even risk the heat to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been comfortable here, hot but not too hot!
    I like your summer Santa!
    Your daughter sounds like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, it's been hot in New England too, Latane, and a visit from a cool Santa would be nice. It was very nice of your daughter to bake the muffins for your coffee gathering. They looked good. Stay cool as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot in Texas too! TOO HOT!! I am longing for sweater weather and on August 6th Louis Dean and I are going with son Jesse to a mountain cabin in New Mexico. I am so excited!!! I am yearning for Fall and all that comes with it.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Santa is looking perfect for this time of year! We had the HOT hot last week. This past week was cooler, but the heat returns here in PA next week. Stay cool, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad Santa couldn't have brought some cool weather with him. It's hot here too - heck it's just HOT all over. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.