Friday, July 15, 2022

My Week # 3

 


Looking Out My Window....  I see a food truck. I've already been down to check it out. Wasn't sure what to order but I'd been craving a hotdog lately so that's what I got. Maybe I'll try their Korean fare at another time. 

I Am Thinking About.... how we residents can upgrade our activities around here. They just about stopped during Covid and haven't picked back up. Wonder if others get as bored as I do at times?
Something New This Week was.... I got my hair cut. It hadn't seen the insides of a beauty shop since before I left to visit Michael the first week of June. Need I say it was getting out of control!! 
How I'm Feeling....  very good about some organizing I've done this week. It's always good to be 'on top of things'. Makes life so much easier.

What I'm Watching.... the most amazing documentary on Netflix. It's "100 Days With TaTa" about a very special relationship between a young man and his great-grandmother's sister. He moves in and takes care of her during Covid. A foreign film (sub-titles) but worth it. So endearing! 
Something fun this week.... I am waiting for a visit from Ben Franklin tonight.  An impersonator is coming, dressed in colonial clothing, taking on the role of Ben F. Should be very entertaining. 

 
       Tootle-doo,
                    Latane


7 comments:

  1. I rarely get bored. Have so many different things I like to do!!
    Always feels good to get things organized.
    My husband cuts my hair. Nothing fancy though just a trim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to visit with Ben. Hope he is a good history buff and that you learn lots of interesting things. Having one's hair professionally cut really is a good thing. I need to make an appointment myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ben Franklin visit sounds fun!
    I always feel good when I've organized something.
    I'm getting my hair cut next week. It needs some work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Thank you for the documentary idea! It sounds very interesting. Glad you got your hair done! I have an appointment this week. Amen! Have a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The documentary sounds great, I am looking it up. I get bored too, age does that to us. I get out and do some shopping sometimes just to get out of the house. Hope you enjoyed the entertainment. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Latane, for the documentary suggestion and I may check it out later this afternoon. It's too bad that activities stopped because of "we all know what," but now have not resumed. We try to be as careful as possible ourselves, but we do enjoy getting together with friends and playing dominoes or going out for a meal. Social interaction is just as important to health.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Granny Marigold here. I rarely get bored in summer but winters are long and dreary around here. Often we don't have a sunny day for weeks on end.
    I hope the Ben Franklin impersonator is interesting and fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.