Tuesday, May 31, 2022

New Watercolor Technique

 I've piddled with painting since 1968. You'd think I'd be great at it by now but I did take all those years off raising my kids and pursuing other passions. Now, living alone, I started it up again. But, with such small space in my apartment I chose to do watercolor (of which I'd done a few in years past) not the oils I prefer. 

I was using a method I guess you could call my own. Then I started watching Magnolia Workshops on the Magnolia channel on tv. There's a watercolorist there that has directed me in a different train of thought about my painting. I am trying what they call 'wet on wet'. 

                               You can't see the first one I did!! 

                                    But, here's the second one. 

15 comments:

  1. gorgeous, it seems you have many talents!! i love autumn, and the pretty leaves the season produces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Latane, I too have played around with watercolor. It is my favorite medium... not that I'm good at it as I'm not... but do love what I believe is called "watercolor wash"... especially in children's book illustrations. Love the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it is gorgeous! You are so talented. I want to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The autumn leaves are beautiful!! I know nothing about painting but I looked up water on water painting and watched a very interesting video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Beautiful job. I had never heard of the wet on wet technique, but it turned out really nice. Can't wait to see what else you paint, if you plan to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely lovely! You are so very talented! It is wonderful to pursue your passion and talent.......even if you put it aside for a few years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you are doing beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sofffffffffttttt effect.......

    Gentle hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Latene, while you declined to show your first effort, this one you did post was a lovely watercolor. I look forward to seeing more of your art as watercolor seems to be a great outlet for your artistic side.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness!!!!!!! Beautiful! You know my love of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, that's a beautiful painting Latane. You did a great job and obviously have a lot of artistic talent. Wishing you a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.