Monday, March 28, 2022

Mama, Where Are You?

 Two of my daughters just spent a week at Universal in Orlando. It was a spring-break for one of the grandsons sort of trip. 



Anyway, the daughter that lives near me (I won't tell her name.... but you all remember Shirley, don't you?) She's the type that if she can't get ahold of her Mama it's panic time.

I don't always hear my phone. My word, old people's hearing isn't what it used to be. But, if I don't answer she thinks I have fallen down a flight of stairs or choked myself to death on a tater tot. So, she calls the other daughter in New York to see if she knows where I am. Like Susan would have any idea where I am or what I am doing. My gosh, she's 800 miles away! 

So, like I say. These two are off having a grand ole time and I had not one call from either girls.... all week long! I mean I could have fallen down that flight of stairs for all they knew. 

Isn't it funny how your priorities change when you are the one out having fun?

I had a great week. I felt free as a bird. No phone calls, no one checking up on me. But, if I had fallen I might have wished one of them had been on that phone checking on why I didn't answer. 



6 comments:

  1. I think you are very lucky to have a daughter who worries.

    but I'm glad you are having a respite from being checked on. :-)

    🌸🌱🌷🌱🌺🌱🌼🌱🌸

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the kind of freedom we all enjoy every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am echoing Beside a babbling brook. I'm sure you are back in their loop by now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our kids were at Universal two weeks ago. They post on the family photo stream. I get to ask questions, or comment and see what they are up to!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.