Today was COW APPRECIATION DAY at Chic-fil-a!!
My daughter, Shirley, loves Chic-fil-a so she made arrangements for a group of residents from here at The Commons at Centerbrooke to go for lunch. We'd get a free entree if we wore something that reminded them of a cow. So... we cut out black felt and glued big spots onto white tee shirts and today we were ready when Shirley with her friend, Pamela, drove up in a big van to get us. Away we went!
I had to be different!! I saw an ad on facebook for a tee shirt with a big cow head on it so I ordered me one. It was a hit!
There were 17 of us that filed into that place, laughing, cutting up, having us a grand ole time. We got our food, ate, and then here comes the COW ... of course, we all had to have our pictures made with it/him/her.
Then we all went outside to get a group picture before leaving the site and stood there waving and 'mooing' at all the people going through the drive-thru. We got lots of waves and a few honks of horns.
Shirley even arranged for me to take an order from one car driver. The real worker was there tapping the order in on her IPAD while I found out what the order consisted of.
Me: And, what will you have today.
Driver: A Chic-fil-a sandwich
Me: Your drink?
Driver: French Fries
Me. Okay, some french fries and your drink is.....?
Driver: Coke
Job done, I took off back to have my picture made with the group.
Everyone said we had a blast and we did. Best outing we've had in ever so long and it's all because Shirley made sure everything was arranged to a tee and lordy that girl can keep the laughter going. She's a master at that.
So, I'd say we did Chic-fil-a proud today. No telling what a bunch of 70-90 years old will do!!




What great ideas your Shirley comes up with. She's the unofficial entertainment chair.
ReplyDeleteI love it!!!!!! Thanks for sharing. I will keep this in the back of my mind.
ReplyDeleteWhat fun and such a cute idea for the t-shirts! Shirley is the best to organize it. I'll have to copy that idea next year if they do it again!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like such fun and amazing! So funny that you took an order - I would have loved chatting with you and giving you my order! I played the little game on the app and got some free waffle fries. (:
ReplyDeleteThat is hilarious! When I read you should wear something that reminded them of a cow, I thought of a black and white shirt I have hanging in my closet. Then I continued reading about your shirts, and black spots... they turned out really good! Oh my gosh that sounds so fun!! What a great outing!
ReplyDeleteoooooh how fun and a great idea!! i love the pictures, the shirts and we love chic-fil-a!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic idea! Your residence seems to have a lovely assortment of folks who get out and about. Kudos to you and your Shirley. Olivia, silent reader for a while.
ReplyDeleteLatane, this absolutely made my day! What a fun outing — I can just picture all of you piling into Chick‑fil‑A, laughing, mooing, and enjoying every minute. Your cow‑head shirt was adorable, and the way you told the story had me smiling the whole way through. Shirley really knows how to make life joyful. What a wonderful memory for everyone.
ReplyDeleteOh, what a fun time I'm sure you all had! It's so wonderful that Shirley is looking out for all you:)
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy the journey you take the time to share with us. I live in Virginia too--have all my 76 years! It's so enjoyable to hear about your adventures in and out of the state I love. I used to visit Suffolk before my stroke; now I don't drive, but I wish I hadn't given it up so easily! In your pictures this last time, I think I see my dear old friend, Carolyn. We used to love visiting her in Windsor.
ReplyDeleteY'all have a good weekend! Trudy
Latane- WHAT FUN! I am so glad you were able to do that. It looks like you had a ball. What a fun T-shirt! I wonder if you will wear it the next time you go to Chic-Fil-A? I think you should.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend- xo Diana
What fun!!
ReplyDeleteShirley sure gets you and the rest of the hang into all manner of fun activities. This one will not soon be forgotten!!
ReplyDeleteThat was supposed to be gang, not hang.
ReplyDeleteShirley did a great job with the arrangements and shirts! Everyone looked like they were having such a fun time too🙂
ReplyDeleteI found this post while searching for information on the topic, and it was really helpful. Thank you!
ReplyDelete