My granddaughter-in-law gave me a flat of small basil plants about a month ago. I love basil. Not that I use that much in cooking but because I love the smell. I'll just break off a piece and walk around with it sniffing it. Well, it's better than sniffing pot, don't you think!! 😊
Anyway, you gotta look at these plants now. And, they are blooming and I am trying to snip them down so they'll keep growing. I must be doing something right. My little pot of mint isn't doing too badly, either. There's a lot of things I can't grow but I don't think it's basil. Right!!
As I told you yesterday I started doing the Photo-a-day thingy and today's pick is 'an ordinary moment'.
Here's my ordinary moment
Just me taking a break with some iced tea and a bit of lunch. That's pretty ordinary!

.jpg)
Your ordinary moment is perfect, Latane, and that glass of iced tea looks great! You =really have a lot of basil and a couple of things you can do with it are make a green goddess dressing or some pesto...or just enjoy its fragrance as you have been doing 🙂
ReplyDeleteI love basil. As my pot of mint seems to be doing well maybe I should try basil.
ReplyDeleteI have a huge basil plant. I'm going to have to freeze it!
ReplyDeleteLove your ordinary moment, Latane.
ReplyDeleteThose seemingly ordinary pauses in our days can sometimes be the best, most peaceful moments of all.
I have basil growing here too and you are right about that wonderful smell!
ReplyDeleteI like your ordinary moment too.
I love the smell of basil more than the taste! I grow it every year but don't use very much of it. This year I'm growing purple basil as well as green, and I may make herbal vinegar with it. It's so pretty!
ReplyDeleteI have a couple of pots of Basil growing in my sunroom making them handy for picking off leaves as I pass by. With the heat now I am watering those pots 3 times a day!!
ReplyDeleteHonestly, sniffing basil is just one of those refined senior hobbies that we do so well.
ReplyDeleteI appreciate the effort you put into explaining this topic in such detail. Great work! Kalyan Panel Chart
ReplyDelete