Friday, July 24, 2026

Basil in my Kitchen

 In yesterday's post I showed you my basil.  I've grown it before but didn't know what to do with it much so it just grew and then died. But, this time is different. I let chatgpt give me some suggestions and here's what I did. 

                    First I made me a cup of basil tea. 


I just steeped some basil leaves in a cup of hot water, added some honey and it was good. I'm having me another cup right now, as I type. 


Then I found a little jar to put some oil in. I didn't have one of those fancy oil dispensers to use and you just make do with what you have. Now, I have basil-garlic oil to use in various ways. I drizzled it over my bruschetta last night... oh yes, that's another thing I had never made and having all this basil inspired me to do so. 

My supper last night. 
Bruschetta


So easy and so good. 


Now for today's Photo-a-day 
The theme is Close-up


5 comments:

  1. Ooooh - I love bruschetta and now I think I need to make some.
    That's a very pretty close up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do this, too! The closest I've come to playing with olive oil is putting fresh garlic cloves in mine, but now I believe this warrants a second bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bruschetta makes for a great meal (I'm going to try that, thank you) and the close-up of your flowers, very pretty. I just fixed myself a cucumber and cream cheese sandwich with a couple of cut-up Campari tomatoes on the side. I thoroughly enjoy these simple meals on a hot day. I hope you are staying cool. The heat seems to have lessened up here in northern Virginia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you love trying to figure out how you can use your basil and what you've shown sounds really good to me:) I love your little sugar bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very useful post for beginners. Thanks for sharing such helpful information. Kalyan Jodi Chart

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.