I am just so inspired by what little knowledge I have gleaned from Chatgpt about basil. I told you about the tea I made. I had some left in the fridge so I added a bit of it to a glass of iced tea this morning. Very good.
I also made some garlic-basil oil. And, I've been using it on a number of dishes.
First I made bruchetta (never had before and it's so easy). Of course it was sprinkled with the oil.
This morning I started thinking of how I could use some ingredients that I already had and came up with this. Is it my invention? Probably not. But, it was new to me.
I made cheese toast out of a piece of sourdough bread. I made an omelet and placed it on top of the toast then topped with slices of avocado that I had poured some lemon juice on and some chiffonade basil. salted it and then drizzled it with the garlic-basil oil I had made. Oh yum. I'll make that again
In keeping with Photo-a-day. Far-away is the theme for today.
Do you see the osprey that is far-away, high in the sky?




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.