Saturday, July 25, 2026

Far-away Osprey

 I am just so inspired by what little knowledge I have gleaned from Chatgpt about basil. I told you about the tea I made. I had some left in the fridge so I added a bit of it to a glass of iced tea this morning. Very good. 

I also made some garlic-basil oil. And, I've been using it on a number of dishes. 

First I made bruchetta (never had before and it's so easy). Of course it was sprinkled with the oil. 


This morning I started thinking of how I could use some ingredients that I already had and came up with this. Is it my invention? Probably not. But, it was new to me. 


I made cheese toast out of a piece of sourdough bread. I made an omelet and placed it on top of the toast then topped with slices of avocado that I had poured some lemon juice on and some chiffonade basil. salted it and then drizzled it with the garlic-basil oil I had made. Oh yum. I'll make that again 

In keeping with Photo-a-day. Far-away is the theme for today. 


Do you see the osprey that is far-away, high in the sky? 



9 comments:

  1. I love the bruschetta ideas. I wish my tomatoes would hurry up and ripen. The osprey picture is pretty cool. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well dang, that cheesy omelet toast looks delicious! I'm going to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have what I need to make Bruschetta ! Thanks for the idea.
    I picked off all the leaves on my first 2 pots of Basil today. Son made Pesto and brought some up on freshly baked bread. Then I threw the old plants in the compost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazing to see the Osprey far away. I love the food you have made...save me a bite! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. The osprey photo is very pretty seeing it in an ocean of blue sky. Thanks for all these great ideas Latane. I think I will make an omelet for supper tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had Bruschetta in a long while - I remember loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have made good use of your basil leaves, Latane, and in such a variety of ways.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos. And lovely presentations on the food!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really enjoyed reading this article. The information is simple, clear, and easy to understand. Indian Satta

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.