Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Wisdom Wednesday #1

Getting old puts a whole new twist on life. You get so philosophical, so reminiscence. You begin to realize just what you missed, what mistakes you made and yes, your accomplishments. 

I've kept a diary, I've journaled, I've done the gratitude list etc, etc, etc. Still journaling but some years back I started writing down my 'life thoughts' (how I view things both personal and general). I then started adding to my "My Thoughts" notebook, quotes from other writers which really resonated with me. 

And, yesterday during one of my 'thinking' time I decided that I really needed to share these with other folks. Maybe it might inspire them to write down their inner-most feelings and hopefully share them with others. 

                So..... (drum roll please) 🥁 

Here is the first installment of 'Wisdom Wednesday'. 

I promise to not bore you to death by posting every 'cotton-picking' Wednesday, just once a month!                                                                                                                                                                                               

                                          Not Too Old To Try

I sometimes think of something I want to do, some place I want to go, some goal I want to achieve. At my age, they seem so unattainable. That makes me sad.

There's too much involved, the pathway is not clear to me and I am afraid of the unknown. Fear begins to control me. Suppose I miss my train, my plane or I lose my luggage. Or I get lost and can't find my way. Suppose my strength doesn't hold out, I get sick, I die. 

Sure my strength is low, my steps falter but that should not hold me back from trying. I need to perhaps plan on something a little less involved, but I must plan and do!

The fear will lessen with each step I take. So, I take the first one, then another and soon I feel I can reach my goal. I must always live in the moment, keep my eyes on the 'road' and enjoy the journey.  (source: Willie Latane Barton)

8 comments:

  1. This 'wisdom' resonates on so many levels to what I'm feeling lately. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is better to try and fail than not try at all. Not to even try is failing.
    Wisdom Wednesday says like a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having trouble finding goals! I have little things I want to accomplish in the day, but that is it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with all you said! Remember that Bible verse? 'Without vision the people perish.' We all need something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great wisdom! I'll keep them in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I am here for every piece of wisdom you have to share! Have a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Latane, I find that I must fight 'fear' a lot as I age. But I tell myself "Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on!" and remind myself that thoughts are NOT TRUTHS, just thoughts...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.