Friday, June 10, 2022

A Walk Through the Garden

 The weather has not been nice since I have been in Alabama. Every day it has been gloomy, raining one minute, sunshining the next, and then rain the next. Enough to make you want to crawl under the covers!

I've been reading a lot! Yesterday was a good day. We actually got out and went to Cracker Barrel and had lunch! But, more rain is scheduled for today. I swear!! And, next week the heat index is gonna be over 100. Can't win for losing!

After we came back from Cracker Barrel, I finally got a chance to check out Michael's garden. He's so good at gardening! He does the square foot type. Just look at what's happening there!

                    The Cowhorn peppers are ripe enough to pick.


The Jalapenos are getting big. 


He has dwarf marigolds planted to help with the insects and his cucumbers are blooming.



There are blackberries just beginning to ripen, 



I picked one and popped it in my mouth. I got a surprise!
Until they have totally ripened and been on the vine a bit, those things are SOUR!


Maybe there will be enough for us to make a blackberry cobbler before I go home.

He has grape vines as well as muscadine and scuppernong. 


This Korean dogwood sits by his back walk. All the other dogwoods have long since blooming so it was nice to see this one. 



So, that's a small portion of his garden and yard. More to come! if it ever stops raining!

Toodle-oo





8 comments:

  1. He does have a nice garden. Sorry the weather has been uncooperative. That's never helpful. Hope it turns around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So disappointing when rain sticks around too long, especially on vacation. Glad you were able to get to Cracker Barrel. I really enjoyed the garden tour. Looks like lots of good eating will be coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That garden! How I wish I could do that. Hope you get some nice weather, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can see he loves his gardening! It's "neat as a pin."

    And the birds don't get his berries???? Our son/family next door, they have to cover the strawberries or they get eaten!!!

    Cute pic of you and the berry!!!!!

    Oh and all that rainy weather would make all my arthritis points hurt! Happily, it's sunny here today!!!!!!

    πŸ’›πŸ˜ŠπŸ’›πŸ˜ŠπŸ’›

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael's garden looks great! My little raised garden is getting there... if it survives the triple digits coming this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made blackberry cobbler today and I want to go to another berry patch tomorrow and pick some more. They are wild and tart but I love them! We are getting some rain today so everything will grow like crazy here too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is looking great in the garden.
    What a fun picture of you - love it. : )
    Hope you get a nice sunny day tomorrow but not too hot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a beautiful garden. Blackberry picking brings back special childhood memories for me! Enjoy your day, hope it is a sunny one! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.