Friday, December 31, 2021

When It Rains It's Pours!

                                                     Today is the last day of 2020! 

This past year has certainly brought it's challenges. But, we survived yet another year of Covid and the trials that it brings. I was feeling pretty well about the new year coming along. Things had to get better but they certainly aren't starting out that way. 

                                                  As the saying goes, "When it rains it pours."


A week before Christmas my grandson (Susan's son) came down with Covid and was sick over Christmas. 


The day after, my Susan came down with it. Her situation is so difficult already having Owen with her for nearly two years. He was living in a residential home until Covid and once he got back home he begin to experience  more severe psychosis along with the autism he has dealt with all his life. It has been a nightmare for the entire household dealing with that 24/7. 

I have just been blown away (and so has Susan) with an Instagram post that she did on her struggles. She seldom is open about the worst part of things and even though she just scratched the surface of how hard it is, hundreds of people commented on how happy they were that she put a face on how extremely difficult dealing with a child with severe autism is and that now they did not feel alone. Autism Speaks asked permission to share it and you can see it Here. If you know someone with autism I suggest that you take a look at it. 

Those of us here in Virginia (along with son, Michael, who came up from Alabama) went to my granddaughter's for Christmas Day. We missed seeing her mother-in-law, Emma. Yes, she has Covid. As of now, she is in ICU, stable and we are hoping for the best. 

And, yesterday I got a call that my 96 year old sister had fallen, broke her pelvis, her spine and has respiratory failure and is in ICU. She is over 700 miles away! 


So, if you are so inclined, please say a prayer for my family! I'd appreciate it. 
God Bless,

14 comments:

  1. Definitely so inclined... Praying for all to recover well and for the ongoing challenge of autism, praying good results with better medications. Life can be so difficult. I say chuck it on Jesus. That's what the Word says..."cast all your cares on Him for He cares for you."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I can't believe how much your family has suffered. Before I finished reading, I was all ready praying and will continue to. Please stay safe yourself and I pray all your loved ones will be healed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bunch of problems and a bad way out of the new year. I hope your new one is much better. (And I admire Susan.) Our extended family has been running through Covid too -- we're staying clear. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most definitely I will pray for you and your family! Such a lot to deal with in such a short time. Praying for daily strength, healing, and wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Latane! That is a lot to take in, I'm sorry your family is going through so much right now. I will definitely pray for your sister, and all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is too much for one family to have to deal with and of course there is no opt out button. I am totally in awe of the amount of silent suffering that goes on in others lives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is sickness all around, I will surely pray for all of your family members who are dealing with so much. Sending HUGS and PRAYERS across the miles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for your family, Latane. I just wonder sometimes how so many burdens fall on one family! God bless you all as we move into 2022. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers for all your intentions. Prayers for strength, health, and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very, very sorry to hear all this sadness.
    I'm praying so hard for your sweet sis - and all the others.
    Take care Latane, stay safe, and may this new year improve for you all soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Add my prayers for your sister's recovery, and for the rest of your family as well. God Bless Us all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Latane, I am so sorry to hear of your family's health issues. Yes, prayers will be said for you and for your extended family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.