Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Where There's a Will, There's a Way

                               Hi, just checking in with you this morning!!

If you follow me, you know that I love watching birds. And, even though I knew it was against my lease.... I did it anyway. Put up a bird feeder, that is. Other residents had some out so I thought if the powers that be hadn't complained then I would be ok.


Then, the notice came... to all the residents. Take down the bird feeders! The mess is falling on the balconies below. DURN... 

We would be allowed to have a feeder if it was where the falling seeds and poop would be contained on like a mat or rug. So, I put mine on a small table in the middle of the rug I had out there. 

   I was just figuring... those birds are not going to feed that close to my door. 

But, you know what. They would come, look around, see no feeder in it's usual place and they'd look some more and they would soon be feeding away from the suet block. Happy, happy day. 

This morning I saw a juvenile Brown Thrasher having his breakfast. Just so cute with his feathers all fluffy, not quite slick like an adult. He knew where the food was!


I guess where there is a will, there's a way. I was so upset when I got the notice. But, I figured it out. 

12 comments:

  1. Glad you figured it out. So fun to watch the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it worked out to everyone's satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun to watch the birds. I am glad my neighbor does it s I can enjoy them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish my keyboard would stop skipping. 😵‍💫

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had to take ours down due to the bears!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you were able to find an alternate place for the feeder. One of my favorite afternoons in Maine was watching hummingbirds that visited my friends' feeders. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you found a way to enjoy your beautiful birds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup, where there's a will there is surely a way. Enjoy your birds, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you! Gotta feed those sweet birdies! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Birds are such fun to watch, glad you have your feeder. I constantly battle squirrels and sometimes a raccoon but it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you solved the problem. Watching the birds is so rewarding! We had a hawk on the balcony this morning for the first time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.