Friday, February 28, 2020

Playing Word Games

 

   I went downstairs yesterday to join some of the gals to play                                                       "What's in a Word"

I have always loved doing crossword puzzles and now I play wordscape on my kindle so this is right down my alley.

                 Yesterday we chose our names for the WORD.

We got 92 different words out of one girls name and 72 out of mine. And, I didn't even get simple things like 'it' and 'an'. It's just amazing what you can find within your own name.

                            We used the entire name - 
     two given names, the maiden name and married name.

You ought to try it. I'd love to hear how you came out with it. 

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like fun. I'll give it a try. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve never played that game but it does sound like fun! That would be a good game to play with my grandchildren!
    I like playing Words With Friends and Scrabble. Do you play either of those? If so - let's play together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I play word with friends but not scrabble. Would love to play you.

      Delete
  3. That sounds like fun, I will give it a try:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does sound fun and can see where it could be educational and mind stretching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Word games are my favorite because I find them more challenging and feel they use more brain matter. I will try this game with my own name later this week. I will confess that I used to play something similar every Sunday searching through the bulletin while the sermon was being given.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love word games too and this sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.