Thursday, February 6, 2020

Gossip Time


We girls never Gossip!

We talk about people, places and thoughts.

But, Gossip.... never!


We had our girlfriend get-together here at my apartment last night. Do that every other week. There's just so much happening around this place that we can talk for hours.


Yep, it was after midnight before the party broke up. 

We talked about how happy we are with the new 'atmosphere' around here.

We talked about being prepared for our demise. (I mean, it's gonna happen, might as well have your ducks in a row)

We talked about who had moved out, died, was sick, who had boyfriends, live-ins etc. 
Is that gossip? We are just being friendly. right?

One gal has taken over the role of being in charge of our activities. She's larger than life in a lot of ways, bossy, brash, downright rude at time. Yep, she got talked about.

We talked about what activities are going well and what isn't.
Nobody seems to want to play games.
I reminded the girls that we all have busy lives. It's not as if we are nursing home patients who need to be kept busy. We cook, clean, shop, we have families,
We just haven't gotten to the 'sit around playing games all day' stage yet.

As for what is going well. If there is food involved the crowd shows up. And, we are enjoying our entertainment that visits. And, other things. 

I have to tell you about what happened yesterday. First let me say that when the other owners had this apartment complex I stayed in my apartment a lot and I got depressed at times, lonely.

My daughter would make an effort to check on me, come take me to lunch etc.

Yesterday she texted me... I didn't answer
She called me.... I didn't answer

(I don't take my cell phone with me when I am doing activities downstairs)

So, she texts her sister and brother and told them I wasn't answering her.
She asked, "What's happened to our Mom?"

My son said, "Mom's turned into a social butterfly".

I thought that was funny. 

Joining Thankful Thursday

10 comments:

  1. What a change for all of you because of the new apartment management. I'm glad you all got to know each other and now socialize and bond so well together with your activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Live each day to the fullest!
    Hope today is a wonderful one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to see you living each day the best you can. Enjoy all your days, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as you can pick and choose the activities, sounds perfect. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s really great to read how much things have turned around at your apartment building, Latane, with all the social events going on. And, of course, it’s not gossip when you and your friends have a monthly get together, but rather socialization and informational sessions, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you are a social butterfly Latane - know you are a fun lady and you have a lot of stories of your interesting life to share with your neighbors/friends.
    Glad your place has become so enjoyable - perhaps I should put my name on the waiting list just in case!!!
    You go girl!
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely you turned into a social butterfly with beautiful wings. Gossip, absolutely not, just sharing information, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. As reported by Stanford Medical, It's indeed the SINGLE reason this country's women live 10 years longer and weigh 42 lbs lighter than we do.

    (And really, it is not related to genetics or some secret diet and really, EVERYTHING to about "how" they eat.)

    BTW, I said "HOW", not "WHAT"...

    Tap this link to uncover if this quick test can help you release your real weight loss possibilities

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Affiliate Profit Machine is ready -

    And earning money online using it is as easy as 1-2-3!

    This is how it works...

    STEP 1. Tell the system which affiliate products the system will promote
    STEP 2. Add some PUSH BUTTON TRAFFIC (it LITERALLY takes JUST 2 minutes)
    STEP 3. See how the system grow your list and sell your affiliate products all by itself!

    Do you want to start making profits??

    Check it out here

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.