Monday, February 17, 2020

I'm a big fan of The Homicide Hunter

My grandson came to take me to lunch. I love meatloaf and Mondays are meatloaf day at Derl'z here in Suffolk. So, that's where we headed. 

We walk in. The place is nearly empty but at one table there sits Joe Kenda and his wife, Kathy. 

I try to act nonchalant, sneak a peep or two while I am eating and finally get my courage up. I have been wanting to meet Joe Kenda ever since I found out that the Kendas had moved near me from their home in Colorado Springs, Colorado. 

But, I'm shy... I get the waitress to ask him if he'll agree to a picture and here he came, big grin on his face. "Come on, Mama, let's get our picture made."  (he's just about 10 years younger than me so I am not old enough to be his Mama. I think he thought my grandson was my son. I'll take that.)


"hey," he says. "I have something for you. It's out in the car."

It's a picture of himself that he autographs and hands to me.


I figure he'll disappear now. He seems like such an all-business kind of cop on television. But, he stood there for over half an hour talking, telling the funniest stories. I don't know when I have laughed so much or so hard. 

I told him I was sad that this was Homicide Hunters last season.

Guess what!

He's already taping a new series that will start airing in the Fall. I am one happy gal.

Oh, you don't know Joe Kenda? Forgive me. I just thought EVERYONE did. 😁

He's been the star of Homicide Hunter on ID-TV for nine seasons. 
I became a big fan about half way into the series but I soon caught up with reruns! 

He is just the most down to earth, funny, friendly guy you'd ever want to meet. His wife came over to our table, too, with her hand outstretched to say hello and that she was on her way to buy groceries. 

I wish I could hang out with them more but I bet a lot of people have that same wish. 
I'm just happy to have spent that 30 or 40 minutes with him. 


6 comments:

  1. How fun! Meatloaf AND a kind and interesting celebrity. I bet you won’t forget that lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat to meet a celebrity and have him be so nice too! It really makes you feel special! WOW! What a handsome man and you look so pretty! Makes you glad you were picture ready! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meatloaf and Joe Kenda? I'm jealous. I love that program, and I enjoy meatloaf too. What an awesome time for you! And such an awesome photo of the two of you! You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I watch him too. Didn't know this was the last season. I will look for his new series. He sure turned out to be one neat guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have not heard of this show, but as we don’t watch TV, but stream programs, it’s not surprising. How nice for you to have meet an actor you enjoy, up close and personal.😀

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.