Thursday, November 28, 2019

Two/Too Many Thanksgivings!

                                                              Today is Thanksgiving!

                                      I've spent the day all by myself. That's fine with me.

I think I am still stuffed from the two Thanksgivings I've had already and just decided I didn't need another one.

Last Saturday we all gathered on the Eastern Shore at my granddaughter's home. That was quite the feast. I'd never had pheasant before so now I can mark that off my 'bucket list'. It was good. And, of course, we had all the traditional dishes. I took my homemade cranberry sauce. Easy-peasy on this old grandma!

                                     Some of the group keeping eye on the food in the kitchen.


And, some gathered around the table. 


Now isn't this a beautiful pumpkin pie? Wish I could claim it but it was daughter who made it. 


We can't have Thanksgiving without sweet potato casserole.


And, how about his cute little turkey? It's butter... to go with the rolls of course. 



                Then on Tuesday night we had our Thanksgiving dinner here at our apartment complex.
                                               
Here's just a portion of the crowd. You can bet on a crowd around here if there is food involved. hehe


My Plate


Look at all these desserts. And, the bar was completely full of veggies, turkey and stuffing so the olives and deviled eggs had to hang out on the dessert table. 
Not a bad place to hang out, I'd say. 


This is some of the food. The staff did the turkey and the residents provided all the rest of the food. We've got some pretty doggone good cooks around here. 


So, don't you think I was wise to just hang out at home today, maybe have some soup or something. What do you eat after Thanksgiving ... leftovers or something entirely different? 


4 comments:

  1. I love sausage stuffing with gravey and pumpkin pie for breakfast the next morning and snitch it all the time until gone! I used to make a real hearty and vegetable laden large pot of turkey vegetable and noodle soup that we ate for the next few days to make up for all the eating we did. We would freeze any leftover turkey after one more meal and then make croquettes later with the seed turkey. Tried never to make so much that there were leftovers for days, but sometime that did not work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had quite a wonderful Thanksgiving. Off to,our daughter’s to celebrate today, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a wonderful time you had! SO much good food AND TWICE:) Enjoy your day dear friend, BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks to me like you have a fantastic dinner! The food all looks so delicious. And two meals? Lucky you! I'm glad you had a good day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.