Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Going, Going, Gone!

                                             Good Morning, all you sweet blogger friends.

My goodness. Lots going on around here. I got my hair cut yesterday. And, I have decided to stop coloring it. I mean, at 85 don't you think I can go gray now! Big decision because I loved having people tell me they can't believe I'm that age. But, on the other hand, people think I'm younger than I am and they expect more out of me because of that. Reckon I will get treated differently if my hair is gray? We'll see.


I thought I'd give a try at learning to play mah jong yesterday.  But, the lady teaching was old and she was bragging about being in tournaments but she could not think of how to play the game. So, we got the rack which she never explained what it was for. Then  we picked out 13 tiles and lined them up. So, she's checking her instructions and adds some tiles to ours, then checks her instructions again and takes some away. Anyway, after 45 minutes and I still had no clue what she was doing... and neither did she... I got up and left. I don't have the patience I once did. It went with the hormones, I think.


I am so excited. I sent off my money to go on a bus tour to the Greenbriar Resort the middle of December. And, I am going by myself. Oh, boy... I am going to get into so much  trouble fun!! I can't wait to go and I can't wait to share it with you.

Here is a picture I 'borrowed' from their website. I may get worn out just going from one end to the other! and please, don't give me a room a hundred miles from the elevator!!



8 comments:

  1. I just googled Greenbriar Resort, and it looks fabulous! Eight restaurants! I expect to see food photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Louis Dean is nearly 83 and he still uses Lady Clairol. I, myself, like to think of myself as blonde as opposed to gray but gray it is! I still color occasionally but am weaning my way off.
    Learning something new is always a challenge but it sounds impossible when the person teaching you can’t even remember how to play!
    You rock for booking this trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be interesting to see if things change when you let your hair go gray. I hope you'll keep us posted. It does get to be a pain to keep up with those gray roots.
    Good for you for planning a solo trip. The Greenbriar Resort looks and sounds fabulous. Keep us posted on that too :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do wonder when I will quit coloring my hair, but it’s not yet. I said it would be when I retired and was no longer lecturing but that came and went and it wasn’t the time to quit after all! Like you, I guess I will know when the day is here. The Greenbriar Resort looks quite a treat. No wonder you are excited! I always think half the fun of a trip is in the planning and anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quit coloring my hair after radiation treatment many years ago. It seemed to want to go white... so I let it. Most of my friends and relatives still color their hair, but I'm fine with it. Could be I'm just lazy. But I will say that on some people the white or gray is 'softer'. And your bus tour sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I quit colouring my hair over 20 years ago and never regretted the decision. Age is a state of mind and this next adventure will take years off you. Go girl go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had white hair for years and the good part is people trip over them selves to help you and be nice. I love it and play my white hair card when needed.
    Take pictures on the bus tour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you going gray, I just am not ready yet but I will someday. Greenbriar Resort looks like a wonderful place to visit, I know you will love it. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.