That book is eating me alive. No, not really but it surely does eat up a lot of my time and thought. I'll be so glad when it's finished and published but I am just now getting to the good part. So, it's type, edit, type, erase, put new stuff in, take stuff out, type some more. I tell you, it's a job.
The workers finally finished putting down the new sidewalk so that awful racket stopped. It really looks nice. So, it was worth it.
I got in the dumps last week, didn't want to do a thing, was more unsteady on my feet and believe you me, that's not good. I am scared to death of falling but I didn't thank goodness. I had night leg cramps and then diarrhea. Gee, guess that was too much info. But, I then remembered that I had not been taking in much fluid so I most likely was dehydrated. My sweet granddaughter shipped me some electrolite powder to make sure I am well taken care of. It's better than gatorade.
My youngest grandson, Tighe, is starting his freshman year at Indianna University this week. The family helped him settle in. Mama's sure gonna miss him. They are so close and he's such a great kid.
I did take some time out one day to do a line and wash watercolor. I just don't have the time I'd like to be able to paint. I don't ordinarily do line and wash but I do enjoy it when the notion strikes me.

I love the art you did. For sure, I've written a book and boy does it ever take time. Glad you're enjoying it and the good parts.
ReplyDeleteYour line and wash is lovely! You are very talented. Best of luck with your book:)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful artwork with a moody vibe. I hope you paint more. Beautiful family as well.
ReplyDeleteI have the sense you love writing, how it pulls a lot of you out of you. Keep going!
May
Good for you, Latane!
ReplyDeleteMany years ago, I dreamt of writing a (semi-autobiographical) book, but never had the moxie/nerve to begin. Now retired I've all the time in the world, but my muse has moved on.
I love your watercolor. What a gift! Its so hard to stay hydrated in this heat we are having here. I try to remind myself to drink water often.
ReplyDeleteYou have a beautiful family and I know that Tighe's mom is going to miss him. Keep plugging away at your book. You will be so glad you did when all is said and done. I really like the watercolor. Have a wonderful weekend- xo Diana
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you had a bout last week. Hope you're feeling better now. Sweet of your granddaughter to send you the electrolytes. That's a beautiful picture of your daughter and grandson, and congratulations to him on his graduation. You have a lovely family, outside and inside. Your book is going to be well read by them. I love your artwork too. Have a great weekend Latane!
ReplyDeleteHi Latane, I hope you are feeling up to par soon! You amaze me with your art:)
ReplyDeleteWriting is always a job, but one you will be pleased to have done and hope you are feeling more up than down this coming week. We all have those times.
ReplyDeleteI really like your watercolor. I tend to favor a good watercolor because I know how unforgiving it can be. You are talented. What a beautiful gift you have.
ReplyDeleteYour watercolour is beautiful, Latane. Having just published a book, I know how much work goes into it. All the writing and unwriting and rewriting take enormous amounts of time. You can do it!
ReplyDeleteHave you thought of illustrating your book or at least the book cover? Your painting is so charming.
ReplyDeleteI love the watercolor. It is awesome you are writing a book. We all get down sometimes. Stay strong!
ReplyDelete