Shirley and I had quite an outing yesterday. It was a lovely day, a bit warm but not uncomfortable. I had made reservations at the Stillwater Tea House for an early afternoon tea. It was so nice...
We were greeted at the door by the owner, who led us to our table. We were served Blackberry tea right away.
Then came our salad, one of my favorites: Strawberry Feta
I don't remember what the main course was, just know that it was tomato sprinkled with bits of bacon and chives on a type of bread that was spread with 'what I do not know but it was good'... I'd say it was a bruchetta but that's not what the owner called it. This came with Ginger Peach tea.
We ended our tea with a delicious mango custard. Now, if it had been me I would have slipped that tart out of that aluminum pan before serving but perhaps the crust was too flaky and she was afraid of a mess. But, I didn't think that aluminum fit our atmosphere. However the custard made up for it.
This was served with what she called strawberry milk shake tea but mine had only a slight taste of strawberry and there was no milk in sight!!
We met two very enjoyable ladies at the next table, not from Suffolk but not too far away. We all decided we should get together again sometime. And, they are now my facebook friends. The whole experience was just so delightful.
Then on to the library. I'd been wanting to go but the one time I had attempted it by myself I found that they were paving the street there, things were blocked off and I just turned back and came home. But, Shirley drove us down and we went inside. It's brand new, been open less than a month... huge, two story with lots of light and space and meeting places and little nooks to sit and read. So, yes ,I will be going back.
I was pooped when we headed back to my apartment for her to drop me off. Guess what I did when I got home????
I plopped down in my recliner and stayed there, watching tv, 'til the 'cows came home'. That's an old Southern saying that means it was late in the day for those of you who aren't familiar with the south.






What a lovely time! It sounds just perfect - and now you have new friends too!
ReplyDelete