Friday, October 13, 2023

A Planned Trip

 My son Michael will be swinging back by my apartment probably tomorrow. He's been having a blast at the Boat Show in Annapolis, Maryland.

And, I am nearly packed .... gonna go home with him for a visit. Yep, to Alabama. Where I was born and have lived a lot of my life. Sort of dread that long trip. These old bones ache much more readily than they used to!! 

During my visit, I'll be sharing some of my trip with you.... 

Now, for why Michael is in Annapolis. He's refurbishing a sail boat. In the beginning he began watching this couple, Mads and Ava, who had already finished building their boat and was sailing all over the place. Their YouTube videos taught Michael so much about what he needed to do. He admires and respects Mads and Ava so much and he got to meet them at the boat show in Annapolis.




That's Michael (in the Pretty Spiffy tee shirt) talking to Mads (in the dark blue tee shirt with his back to us) 

                                           I can't wait to hear all about his time at the show.


We used to live in Annapolis. My husband was on the Supertindents staff at the Naval Academy for 2 years. Loved that place. Wish we had retired there but that's water under the dam, so to speak. 


                                a picture of the harbor in Annapolis when we lived there in the mid 1960s. 

Speaking of YouTube.. you can learn how to do just about anything by watching videos featured on that site. Michael has certainly found them invaluable. 

Since, I am rambling I guess I will say Good Night. I've about gotten through this Friday the 13th without any bad luck. Hurrah! 


8 comments:

  1. Bon Voyage! I don't like long trips either. But I do prefer driving rather than flying anymore! andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time in Alabama. I hope the long drive isn't too awful. GM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you mentioned this trip some time ago but I assumed it was happening sooner rather than later. Glad to read you'll be able to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Latane, I know you'll enjoy your trip with Michael to Alabama, aching bones and all:) You wouldn't believe all the things that I've been able to accomplish after watching the Youtube videos. They really help me save money by doing DIY on some things that need doing. Of course, I know my limits. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been to that boat show a couple of times.
    We used to live down that way.
    Much too crowded there now for us!! :)
    Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your trip and visit to Alabama. Look forward to your posts about all you see and do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.