Lordy Mercy, where does time go?
I've had some interesting and enlightning moments this week.
1. For the first time since getting a walker (which I do not need except when I go out where the terrain might be difficult), I used it for my appt. with my surgeon. Oh, and btw, my walker is metallic hot pink.. thanks to my daughter. I told her I'd shoot her if she got me a hot pink walker. She's still alive!! And, I love the color. I am never at a loss for where it is!
2. For the first time I used my brand new handicap placard! It made it so much easier for me to park in a more secure place and get where I needed to go without getting tired out. I fought getting a handicap placard... It was something 'old people' had to use. haha. Where did I get that idea? I am so happy I have it.
3. I trust my surgeon 100% so when he suggested I 'tuck tail' and go back to see my oncologist I told him I would. I had quit my injection treatment for the HR2 positive. Long story and I won't bore you but if the surgeon says I should reconsider, then I will.
4. Went to a Health/Wellness workshop on Wed. I was already on the 'healthier lifestyle' kick anyway so that was helpful and encouraging. Here's my brunch plate this morning.
5.It's been a rough year for me so I do sometimes get depressed and just want to crawl in a hole and let the world go by. But, I can't do that!! I have way too much left to do, to share, to enjoy. So, when I get in those moods I just have to crawl out of that hole and march forward. I know that I am not alone, that I have so many friends who are marching along on this journey with me. We gals gotta stick together.
6. And, as of today (Friday) I am preparing for a tropical storm to hit me. Haha. What next!!!! Well, I just gotta look at each thing, good or bad, as another adventure. So, the adventure aspect of this storm will be me trying to secure the items on my balcony so that they don't blow away.
Now for some fun stuff.
I am counting down the days until Michael arrives. He'll be going on to Annapolis, Maryland to attend the boat show there. But... when he heads back home... guess what... I will be a passenger in his car heading south. I always enjoy visiting him so much and we got some plans already in the works. Will keep you posted it.