Thursday, July 6, 2023

This and That and Something Else!

                      What have I been up to lately?

                           Well, just let me tell you. 

Of course, I watched the fireworks from my balcony on the 4th but for some reason they weren't as nice as in years past. I think something went wrong with the lighting. There'd be long pauses and then they'd start up again and there was no grand finale. But, I did see some! 



Shirley and some of her family left for Alabama the day after the 4th. Dylan, who is 12, is going to space camp at the Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville. Michael lives nearby so the rest of the crew will hang out with Michael during Dylan's adventure. 

I tell you, it felt mighty strange, having them head down to visit Michael. Shirley and John always let me tag along but I had a dr. appt during that time as well as they are packed.. two cars, 4 adults, 3 kids, a dog, luggage... no room for me! 

The day after the 4th a bunch of us residents were treated to hotdogs, chips and ice cream in the community room. 





Oh, and I did a watercolor....


Oh #2...

I started that new blog featuring flowers. You'll find it here:

11 comments:

  1. Love the watercolor. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds like you live in a really nice place!! your painting is really beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your painting! It is stunning. And hotdogs are my favorite. I eat them just like my daddy did. Mustard and raw onions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There were lots of fireworks in my neighborhood!! We stayed indoors in the cool, though, and watched local coverage of the display following a free symphony concert downtown. My sister lives in a place where hot dogs were offered the day after. Lovely painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We didn't go to the fireworks this year, but we heard the neighbors shooting some off!
    Your watercolor is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your watercolor is so beautiful. The hotdogs and ice cream looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your watercolour fabulous work and better than any fireworks going off! Great news that you started a new blog I'm coming over to say hello.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am impressed; you are so talented! I see that we both live in Virginia. You got such a good pic of the fireworks, so sharp and not blurry. I'm off to check out your other blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice watercolour. I could sure go for a bowl of that yummy looking ice cream with caramel sauce ❤
    GM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Latane, I love your watercolor picture. It is so peaceful. The bowl of ice cream with the caramel sauce caught my eye and I've been thinking of getting some ice cream or stopping by the Dairy Cream for a Heath Bar blizzard. Ha! My house is surrounded on 3 sides by firework displays during the July 4th celebrations. My poor dog is terrified of them:(

    ReplyDelete
  11. From Marie: Love the watercolor!!!! Looks like a nice 4th.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.