Thursday, July 27, 2023

All By Myself

 You ever get tired of eating the same old, same old? 

It may be hard with a family but, boy, when there is just one of you.... well, your cooking creativity just flies out the window. 

I'm so tempted to just eat whatever is handy, leftovers, frozen entrees, a sandwich. 

So... I decided the other day to look at one of my Pinterest Boards? The one titled "Foods To Try". 

I had the ingredients: a sweet potato, brown sugar, marshmallows and walnuts. 

I baked my sweet potato, slit it open, sprinkled it with the brown sugar. Didn't have the little marshmallows so I took my kitchen shears and whacked some bigger ones into pieces. Put that on top and placed some chopped walnuts last.



Well, I was supposed to then place it under the broiler but the heat from the potato had already melted the marshmallows so I said, 'Not gonna do it'. 

The thought came to mind that it's such a 'freeing moment' when you know you don't have to follow the rules. You can do whatever any way you want to. You are in charge. 

I scarfed down that yummy potato and had myself a grand ole time,                        

                                     all by myself.                                        



9 comments:

  1. Latane, we always use cinnamon sugar on our sweet potatoes... but walnuts sound good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was by myself I don't think I would cook much. So good for you for trying something new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that sounds so good! I need to try it too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, that looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work. I am horrid at cooking these days. I did build a cabbage salad yesterday, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your well-dressed sweet potato looks scrumptious!! GM

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks delicious! I am going to put sweet potatoes on the shopping list. Thanks for such a yummy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Latane, even though I don't live along, there are many days I do not enjoy cooking which sometimes can seem like a chore and not enjoyment. Frozen entrees re never in the freezer here so the only alternatives are to do something with leftovers, invent something with what's available in the fridge or pantry or go out to eat. We have done all three at times. Your sweet potato looked delicious 😋

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet potatoes and walnuts are so healthy - go easy on the sugar and marshmallows! We must remain svelte and healthy in these golden years Latane! You always look good. Definitely need to keep your strength up too.
    Take care dear, hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.