Sunday, December 13, 2020

Christmas Shopping UGH!!

 I am trying to figure out how to handle gift-giving this year. 

Some recent years I have resorted to giving gift cards. Makes it so much easier on me, not having to go from store to store, fight crowds, depend on others to get me to places I need to go. But, they feel so impersonal. I know, I can always lay it on my 'age'. 'I just can't get around like I used to so this is what I got you.'  UGH


Then there are the children, grands and great-grands who live away. I have no idea what they like or what size they are so what do I get them? Back to the gift cards again! 

Then I found a blog online everydayparisian.com/ and just fell in love with it. I bet there are a ton more blogs/websites out there that fill your head with ideas. I just have a find them. There's stuff that I hope somebody will buy me. Heck, if they don't maybe I'll gift myself some of those things. 

(this is Rebecca who has the everydayparisian blog)

Somethings are pricey, some items just don't suit my taste but there is a lot that I love about what she shares. Besides giving you gift ideas she has food and travel and a bunch of fun things on there. Give her a look-see. I bet you'll like her. 


2 comments:

  1. I don't really like giving gift cards/money either. BUT... I do sometimes. Amazon has been my way to shop this year. I am not getting in the stores except to pop in for a specific item. Next year I pray things will return to somewhat normal. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love gift cards. Nobody complains about a gift card or cold hard cash. I try to provide one or two gifts for unwrapping and the rest is usually in the form of a gift card. Then there's my NYC niece who lives in a tiny apartment with no extra room. If I sent her an actual gift, it would likely get stolen. Definitely a gift card for her sent via email.

    I enjoyed visiting Rebecca. She had many good ideas that would be helpful if one had started a month or more ago. Still it was fun to see her choices.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.