Tuesday, December 15, 2020

2020.... What We Have Gained?

2020 has been filled with losses, some small, some devasting... It's so easy to let yourself be overcome with the emotional crosses we sometimes must bear. Depression sets in, we lose our way. 

But, that really got me to thinking. Oh, I could make a list a mile long of what I have lost. I have complained that I felt cheated out of life (and my life is short at this point. I want it all). I lost family time, the get up and go attitude I had, the desire to be adventurous and it goes on and on. 

So, what have I gained! I have gained patience. Just waiting around with a somewhat 'happy' attitude that maybe this would soon be over.

I have gained the ability to find ways to overcome boredom. I've tried several new projects.

Creativity is key in finding ways to be with family... you learn all sorts of new technology in order to see our loved ones, talk to them, connect.

I've learned to let God be in control. He has this! It's not up to me to figure it out. So, trust can be added to what I have gained. 

I have also gained the knowledge that things don't always have to be done the 'familiar/old' way. Trying new ways to solve problems is a challenge and often has it's rewards. 

         So, let's all make our 'What I've Gained' lists. 

                           What have you gained?


6 comments:

  1. Some wonderful times with our grandkids, as we've been taking them every other week since the pandemic. This virtual schooling is quite something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing what we all have learned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not one thing as far as I can tell. Patience is a definite nope. 😣 But you have me pondering and that's a good thing. If you can roll with it, perhaps I can do better. I definitely feel as if I have lost a year of my life, which, as you say, is limited for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a great post! I have gained patience too, learned to stay home and do things, to connect with family over the phone/computer instead of face to face, to wear a mask ALL THE TIME when out in public and have gotten used to it. I have learned to cut the TV off instead of complaining about all of the political ads:) I have learned to be thankful for the smallest things and trust that God has a plan in all of this craziness! Thanks for this post, I have so much to be thankful for! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have gained an appreciation of quiet and learned to use it to my advantage. Thanks be to God!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.