Sunday, May 31, 2020

Soaring through the Air!

Saturday was extra nice. It was the first day in over 2 weeks that I had not had a severe sinus headache. Finally got me some antibiotics!! It's strange going to the dr. over the phone now, just like the 'house calls' of long ago. My dr. was well aware of my springtime infected sinuses so was happy to prescribe some meds for me.

With feeling better I got busy on my computer. There's something about me that makes me get more excited, alert, energized if I have a new project going. After awhile I do tire of most of them but there's just something about starting a new project.

Yesterday I set up a private/closed group on Face Book for people from the community that Elbert and I lived in for 30 years. In 1991 I had a beautiful, hard-bound book published that I had written on the history of that community. It was where my husband and his family grew up. The book is no longer in print and I do still get requests for it. So, I decided I'd share my knowledge of the history of Boldo with those that had like interest. So, that's my new project.


Mid-afternoon I was tired so I plopped down in my recliner and turned on the tv. Oh my gosh, I had forgotten the space launch... and it was just 8 minutes to lift-off, so I enjoyed that.


I remember so well sitting on my sofa in Norfolk, Va. watching the moon shot and landing. In a way it seems like yesterday. But, just look at the progress we have made since those first grainy pictures came through over the tv screen! 
BTW, I am glad we are not paying Russia money now to take our guys up to the space-station. That's plum tacky. 

Because of a big box of James Patterson books being given to Shirley, I have started reading him. I know, I'm slow! Just never had read anything of his. 
The first book 'Now You See Her' I loved and could not put down.
Read 'Target' but wasn't too impressed
And, last night I finished 'Sail', another page-turner. 


I've finally figured out why a book is a page-turner. 
At the end of a lot of chapters in the book, you have to leave the reader with a huge puzzle. What's happening next?
So, you turn the page and read the next chapter.

Maybe I need to incorporate that into the books I write!!

I did a new post on "Our Life on Midway Island" blog.
The LINK is here.

10 comments:

  1. Enjoy your books. I like his Murder Club books...the women...are so funny sometimes...while solving the mystery. Have good good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that having a project to work on makes one anxious to start the day.
    And we also watched the space launch! Love that it went so well. DH and I were in Satellite Beach, Florida for the moon landing. Strange because when we watched that our first son was a few months old (1969)... and now we're watching this one with his 21 year old son who lives here with us (and during a pandemic). Time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are feeling better. It sounds like you have a great project started. That certainly helps add interest and purpose to these stay home days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you are feeling better. Wasn't that lift off exhilarating. Just now we're watching the docking and soon their entrance into the space stating. Thank you for this post and hoping you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear you are feeling better. Wasn't that lift off exhilarating. Just now we're watching the docking and soon their entrance into the space stating. Thank you for this post and hoping you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm enjoying your memories of Midway. I liked seeing the baby photos and reading about how sweet your husband was when he came to see you both in the hospital. Writing down happy memories is the best! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to read that you are feeling better, Latane. Patterson's books can be very fast reads and thankfully have very short chapters as well. I liked your reasoning for why a book is termed a page turned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I visited my doctor for a second opinion to verify that I am currently experiencing genital warts on both sides of my inner labia caused by HSV which I was not aware I had until the genital warts appeared. I discovered them about 2 months ago and it saddened me to find the warts because I felt it meant I had contracted an STD,I never applied medical drugs or therapies,because I prefer going natural routes first if any are available. At first, I was not sure I’d be able to use anything since the labia is such a sensitive area but I remembered that I had been reviewing series of testimonies on how herbal doctor razor had been curing people of Genital warts, And I had Them on the bottoms of my feet so I decided to try doctor razor herbs. Thankfully, Doctor razor herbal medication seems to be getting rid of the genital warts. When I first began applying it I noticed some slight aching feelings in my vaginal area that I had never felt before. I no longer feel the aches though. I AM SO GRATEFUL TO BE COMPLETELY CURED OF THIS VIRUS.However, I don’t feel the shame anymore and am so grateful to Mother Nature and Doctor Razor for helping a sister out. Reach him on Email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com Whatsapp/Call his cell phone on +2349065420442

    ReplyDelete
  9. I visited my doctor for a second opinion to verify that I am currently experiencing genital warts on both sides of my inner labia caused by HSV which I was not aware I had until the genital warts appeared. I discovered them about 2 months ago and it saddened me to find the warts because I felt it meant I had contracted an STD,I never applied medical drugs or therapies,because I prefer going natural routes first if any are available. At first, I was not sure I’d be able to use anything since the labia is such a sensitive area but I remembered that I had been reviewing series of testimonies on how herbal doctor razor had been curing people of Genital warts, And I had Them on the bottoms of my feet so I decided to try doctor razor herbs. Thankfully, Doctor razor herbal medication seems to be getting rid of the genital warts. When I first began applying it I noticed some slight aching feelings in my vaginal area that I had never felt before. I no longer feel the aches though. I AM SO GRATEFUL TO BE COMPLETELY CURED OF THIS VIRUS.However, I don’t feel the shame anymore and am so grateful to Mother Nature and Doctor Razor for helping a sister out. Reach him on Email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com Whatsapp/Call his cell phone on +2349065420442

    ReplyDelete
  10. HERPES INFECTION CURE IS 100% AVAILABLE WITH THE HELP OF DR OGBERAESE HERBAL MEDICINE.Joy and happiness is all i can see around ever since i came in contact with this great man Called Dr Ogberaese. i complained bitterly to him about me having herpes only for him to tell me it’s a minor stuff. He told me he has cured thousands of people but i did not believe until he sent me the herbal medicine and i took it as instructed by this great man, only to go to the hospital after two weeks for another test and i was confirmed negative. For the first time in four years i was getting that result. i want to use this medium to thank this great man. His name is Dr Ogberaese , i came in with his email through a friend in USA called Edith Rose and ever since then my live has been full with laughter and great peace of mind. i urge you all with herpes or HSV1&2 to contact him if you are willing to give him a chance. you can contact him through his email drogberaese54@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him +2348073818653

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.