Friday, April 10, 2020

Good Friday

                                             Today is Good Friday

I should be at daughter Shirley's "helping" out with her Easter Bake Sale but I'm stuck at home. I haven't missed many Good Fridays in the past 25 years being there, working like crazy and as I aged, just hanging out visiting with the customers.

You see, Shirley has a licensed in-home bakery. Used to, in the days of yore, she baked tons of cakes, cookies, hot-cross buns, made baskets filled with goodies and people came in throngs on Good Friday to buy their Easter baked goods.



We'd stay up all night the night before getting the last of the products ready for purchase. Her business grew so big that finally she reduced it to 'order only'. I don't know how she does it!








I remember the 'good ole days' when Elbert and I would drive up from Alabama and spend days helping out. He was great at doing some yard work, keeping dishes washed up, even chopping nuts for the carrot cakes. Once we moved next door, it was easy just walking across the yard to help out... and I could scoot home if I got tired!

So, today I am remembering those fun days, those exhausting days when we all pitched in for the Good Friday Easter Bake Sale.




11 comments:

  1. What delicious looking sweets and a nice story of friendship and Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom! We miss you ♡
    This year has been crazy. Only three of us here to handle curbside, order pulling, last minute additions, and relentless phone calls! But we are Thankful we could do this, another year! Wouldnt be Easter without Chick Cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's going well. You've been on my mind all day.

      Delete
  3. How wonderful and what fun! I'll bet your daughter really does miss having you there to help... and just having you there. But I'm glad she could still do curbside orders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun tradition to share with your daughter. I’m sure she misses your presence this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a good cook so I envy all those who can bake hot cross buns etc.
    I didn't know you had to have a licence to bake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure your daughter misses you this year. Enjoy the memories and have a good Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  7. SWEET memories! I know that those days were tiring but great to remember hard work and togetherness! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will be missed this year. Good to have the photos to look back down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  9. From the pictures above, I see your daughter is a very talented baker. I'm so glad she is able to provide her Easter goodies by way of curbside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad that i am finally cured of herpes virus 1& 2,i was diagnosed of the virus 4 years ago and ever since i started applying medical treatment and different medical therapies but it didn't work out well for me. Still i needed the virus out of my system,so i went to research on the internet how can herpes be cured using herbs,this was how i c am e across doctor razor herbal medicine and how effective it is,after viewing multiple testimonies regarding this herbal doctor and how they got cured using his herbal medication m, i copied out his details and contacted him and explained everything that was wrong with me to him and he promised to help me. i received a parcel from the UPS courier service sent by herbalist razor.and he instructed me to use the medicine for 18 days and after that in should go for a medical check up and alas the medical scientist (doctors) pronounce me negative, i went back after 2 months and it was still same result. If i can get cured of herpes after applying his herbal medicine you as well can get cured too. just believe. Reach doctor razor on email drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com or Whatsapp him on +2349065420442

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.