Tuesday, August 11, 2026

What a Racket!

                           Talk about NOISE!! 

We've had plenty of it this week around Centerbrooke. I'm three floors up and still the jack-hammer was ear-splitting!! Yesterday I was reduced to just piling up in my bed and watching tv (with my door closed, of course). That cut most of the racket out. Today more of the same. 

Why they are tearing up a perfectly good sidewalk is beyond me. I am sure they have their reasons but they didn't share them with the residents. This photo I took yesterday around 10 a.m. 


Same place, same time today


I'm all for progress... however, it would be nice to know what progress they are trying to achieve!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, I can only imagine the noise. I do wonder what they are up to. That cement looks perfectly fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious too as to why they are tearing that sidewalk up. It looks nice enough to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a sound I wouldn't want to be close to. Is this the doing of new owners?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there anything as aggravating as the sound of a jack-hammer? You have my sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first summer teaching (our school goes all year) they were removing a beautiful slate patio to put in an ugly disability compliant sidewalk. Our classroom didn't have air conditioning. Imagine a 2 jackhammer, 40 disgruntled students, and a hot loud classroom. We survived but anytime I see students from that year they always ask.." remember the summer of the jackhammers?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had something similar going on in our neighborhood about a month ago - it was loud as heck. Must have been related to drainage because they cut the water off at one point. Would have been nice to know when THAT was going to happen. My friend across the street was in the middle of a shower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang. They really dug that up. Noise cancelling headphones would be great about now. Hope they're done soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.