Have you ever said 'I got the willies over that.' Willies being something that causes goosebumps, is eerie or disturbing.
Imagine have the name Willie. My full name is Willie Latane Barton.
Yep, and to top it all off when I was younger than a grasshopper I started dating a handsome young dude. His name was Willie Elbert Barton.
Two Willies should have been enough but WAIT.... there's more.
I was named for my father who was killed by lightning when Mom was 5 months pregnant with me. Everyone called him Willie. So, I was named for him, William Albert Alexander .
And, my husband (that good looking dude I found early in life) ... his Dad was named Willie Armstrong Barton.
So, now we are up to four Willies.
One more to go... Elbert's grandmother's name was Willie Dee O'Rear.
Guess what we named our children: Linda Marie, Steven Elbert, Shirley Ann, Michael Alan and Susan Renee.
There will be no more Willies in this family!!

.jpg)

.jpg)
%20(2).jpg)
I'm sorry to read about you dad going so soon and in that way. I enjoyed your Willie story. That is very cool to learn about. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteLatane - I love this! Those are 4 special Willies! Now I will think of you whenever I hear that phrase. I love the pictures too.
ReplyDeleteOh, that is so funny. I guess one would say that it's a family name for sure that stops with you!
ReplyDeleteYes, I use the term "willies" all the time - learned it from my parents. Surprising many don't know what it means.
That is a whole lotta Willies in the family. I used to say that quite often--that something 'gave me the willies'. lol. Your daddy sure was a handsome man. Can you imagine being pregnant having your husband struck/killed by lightening? My gosh!
ReplyDeleteOh- and your hubby was handsome, too, and look at beautiful you! How the heck did we get this old, Latane?! xo Diana
I'm trying to think if I've known and Willie's but none come to mind. My son in law is a William without a nick name at all. All this time I thought you had only three children: son and two daughters.
ReplyDeleteI thoroughly enjoyed this but was sad to hear about your Dad. Great photos of you and your family. You were and still are a beautiful lady and a handsome hubby too. That is a great history of your name and family. Thank you so much for sharing it.
ReplyDeletenow that "willie" thing is so funny!! you have always been so beautiful, even now but a real looker back in the day!! i enjoyed all of the pictures...sad about your dad!! thanks for stopping by today, i am feeling a bit stronger each day and hope to be home by wednesday!!
ReplyDeleteSo sad to read about your father's untimely passing, Latane, The story about all the Willies in your family was interesting and unusual as well.
ReplyDeleteWell that is an incredible number of Willies in your family. You may have set a world record.
ReplyDelete