Monday, October 21, 2024

Saturday's Ups and Downs

 It was COLD Saturday morning.....

and we were having a Fall Festival ... not advertised, mainly for the residents...

And, man, I dreaded it. I'd been sort of roped in to manning the pumpkin painting. 'Cause I paint, the organizer said. Oh, geez, how hard is it to paint a teeny, tiny pumpkin. But, I said I'd help so I headed downstairs.


As you can tell, I wasn't in the mood but it started warming up and I was inside. And, people started mingling. 

I took a break and got a few pictures, even did the pie walk* and won me one of those individual pies you get in a grocery store. It was lemon! 


And, then we all had free hotdogs and chips for lunch. So, I was a pretty happy camper! 

Later on that evening I watched MY ALABAMA football team lose to Tennessee. Bummer, double bummer. What a day. 



* to do the pie walk it's sort of like musical chairs. You walk around and when the music stops, if you are on the lucky spot, you get a prize. 

3 comments:

  1. Yum...I could go for a pie right now! You live in a cheerful place! Nice of you to help out. andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for helping. Glad you had fun and won a pie. I've seen this done as a cake walk before.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.