Sunday, October 6, 2024

My Heart is Heavy

 


This Sunday morning I want to take time to send my love, prayers and support to all those people affected by Hurricane Helene

We have hurricanes... we expect damage on the coast... but never, in a million years did we expect the devastation a hurricane caused in the mountains of North Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia and Virginia. They certainly never thought something like that would take their lives, their homes, their way of life. Floods of that nature just don't happen high in the mountains. 

I am heartbroken by all the images flooding the tv, internet etc. It really is beyond my comprehension. A lot of families lost loved ones and no amount of words or comfort can heal the hole in their hearts. 

I probably have acquaintances affected by this storm. There are ones I wonder about. I do know that my niece living in Greene County, Tennessee posted she was so thankful to be able to go to a relatives house to get a shower and wash her hair. Her home was not damaged but the entire county has no  water. 

Things like entire highways being impassable, I40 shut down and will be for years probably. The Blue-Ridge Parkway closed in definately. Oh how beautiful a drive that was! The Appalahian Trail damaged so badly it will take years to recover. Hearing that made me wonder if hikers were lost. That Trail always has hikers on it. 

So, let us all be thankful for the souls saved, hold in our hearts those who lost their lives and do what we can to help out.  



2 comments:

  1. The damage is so terrible and wide spread. Praying for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is heavy, too, and I join you in prayer....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.