Thursday, October 10, 2024

A Great Day

 I was so proud of myself yesterday. It was a lovely day, cooler, sunny sky and I felt great. As every 2nd Wednesday happens around here, we had our muffin morning. Shirley bakes and brings down dozens of muffins and residents are invited to join in. We love the muffins, love Shirley doing that for us and we have fun. 


Following that, our group that plans activities had a meeting. 
We used to plan everything, got little help from the staff, was told over and over that what we wanted to do wasn't in the budget so often we planned our own events and footed the bill ourself.

Things have changed big time around here. New staff, so helpful. Oh, but I am getting away from how my day went yesterday. Sorry, my mind does go floating in all directions some times. 

The meeting went well, enough so that we can see that there's little for us to plan. The staff is doing a fantastic job. 

Usually Shirley and I go to lunch after the meeting but she and her hubby headed for an over-nighter at the beach so I went home and waited for my hair appointment.

I have to say, the hair dresser did a great job this go-around. So, that lifted my spirits even higher. Then I did something I'd never done before. Now, y'all are gonna laugh at me... but I'd never taken my car through the car wash by myself. 



And, I did it. Oh gosh, so easy. I'll never have a dirty car again... ever! 

On to Bojangles to pick up some chicken for my supper and then made a quick stop at Dollar Tree for a few items. 

That's a lot for this 90 year old. Like I say I was so proud of myself.

Well, I got home and sat down to rest and that chicken was sitting within arms reach and before I knew what was happening, I was into that box, munching away on a drumstick. Oh, man, it was good. It was only 4:30 but I devoured those 2 pieces of chicken, mashed potatoes and a biscuit. Hey, I'm the boss around here. I'll eat at 4:30 if I want to so I did. 

picture from google

The staff is giving us residents breakfast in the morning. I took a peek inside at the set-up and everything is decorated so beautifully. I will be sure to send out a post on that later on. 
Have a good one!
Hugs

3 comments:

  1. That Shirley is a gem! But I'm happy to hear you have new staff and are getting some help.
    Hooray for you for conquering the carwash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like a perfect day! The apartments where you live sound like a great place with all the activities. Any chance Shirley would let you share some of her muffin recipes? I've been making zuchinni muffins this week. When the weather gets cooler, baking sounds like fun again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been dreaming of muffins lately as the morning weather is so pleasant and cool. Warm from the oven with butter...so good. Good on you for doing the carwash! Every time I do something like that I am tickled with myself. (:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.